• 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pb456
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF6185 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pb456.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Game: Tee'd Off

I have the manual/schematics, but haven't really found an easy way to troubleshoot this problem. No GI lighting, F9 (7.5A FB pops).

I *think* it's one of the light sockets, none of the GI lighting is working. All sockets read as connected/shorted. Fuse holder on transformer/cabinet F9 reads connected (shorted). I have verified that it is not the fuse holder by de-soldering one side of the fuse holder and testing continuity.

I've disconnected every modular connector in the backbox that looks to be connected to PF harnesses. I've disconnected every modular connector on the underside of the PF. I've disconnected every modular connector coming from the transformer/rectifier/fuse area in the cabinet. I've disconnected the modular connectors to the coin door.

Wiring to the GI lighting is:

White w/purple & silver stripes (? looks kind of grey but probably silver) <--- power side

White w/black stripes (ground)

I have not yet de-soldered every GI bulb socket, but that's my next step, unless someone has a keener mind than I on this issue.

TIA!

P.S.: Game plays fine otherwise, gopher shakes his butt, sound, all that.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd pull all the bulbs first. That may narrow down bad bulb. If not, desolder sockets and hook back up one at a time until you blow a fuse or check each one with wires removed with a meter for shorts.
LTG : )

You were right on it - it was a bad bulb, buried way way way down there. Thanks for validating my hunch and support, as always!

#4 4 years ago
DSCF6185 (resized).jpgDSCF6185 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-denis-sur-richelieu, QC
2,520 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pb456.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tee-d-off-no-gi-lighting?tu=pb456 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.