• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by tjc02002
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-2089 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tad1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Just purchased a Tee'd Off machine a couple months ago and noticed that the GOPHER wheel in the middle only performs a half turns then stops when activated. In other YouTube videos I see that it spins a few rotations to get the ball moving, but mine stops every time after only rotating 180 degrees. I have the instructions on how to breakdown the spin unit assembly, but don't know what I should focus on. Any ideas what could be causing this or how to resolve it?

This is my first pinball, so new to maintaining them. It's a really fun game though. Thanks in advance.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback and link to the thread. Performing a factory reset did not resolve the issue, but it seems very similar to the issue the other poster had. I haven't tried taking it apart yet to clean and relubricate the motor.

When in self-test 4 the following is happening:
Relay & Solenoid Test
- Solenoid: 24 - PF Gopher Wheel Relay - when testing the wheel only turns about 30 degrees

When in self-test 5, I'm receiving the following errors.
Inoperative Switches
- Switch:40 "G" in wheel
- Switch:41 "O" in wheel
- Switch:42 "P" in wheel
- Switch:43 "H" in wheel
- Switch:45 "R" in wheel
- Switch:50 "G" in wheel
- Switch:52 "P" in wheel
- Switch:53 "H" in wheel
- Switch:54 "E" in wheel
- Switch:55 "R" in wheel

If anyone would like the diagram please PM me (don't want to break rules about posting copyrighted material).

Side question: Other switch and solenoid numbers are also appearing when performing self-test 4 & 5. Should I assume these are all not working as well? Example Switch 24 Outhole, Switch 14 Trough, and Switch 05 Tournament are also displayed; however I don't see anything wrong with them.

Thanks!

IMG-2089 (resized).jpgIMG-2089 (resized).jpg
#5 3 years ago

Great and thanks. I'll try cleaning and greasing the motor within the next week and report back. Good to see that motors are still available as a backup plan.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tad1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tee-d-off-gopher-wheel-spin-unit-assembly-not-working?tu=tad1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.