• 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by tjc02002
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG-2089 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

I'd try to help, but schematics for Gottlieb games aren't available online. If you can scan the relevant pages, myself or others may be able to offer some suggestions.

In the meantime, i found a thread at the Aussie arcade form regarding this issue. Sounds like you may need to clean and grease the motor, and check for anything that could cause binding of the moving parts. The switches under the wheel may be pushing too tightly, causing excessive binding, for instance. Have you tried operating the motor in the games diagnostic test?

Good luck, and please let us know what you find.

(Link to thread i find that info at: https://www.aussiearcade.com/forum/pinball/pinball-technical-and-repair-questions/98325-tee-d-off-spinning-wheel-not-working)

#4 3 years ago

As far as the switch errors, it may be displaying them because they haven't been activated in "x" amount of games. Seeing how the ball is sitting in one of the "O" slots on the wheel (and one "O" is not on the list of problem switches), I'm inclined to think that may be the case. So the switch issue may not be a real issue--try activating all the "problem" switches by hand in switch test and make sure they all register.

I'm betting you'll have to clean/grease the motor at very least. If it's never been done, that's 30+ years using the same old grease...which is probably about the consistency of molasses after all these years. You may also be able to find a replacement motor if needed, you can find the motor part # in the manual.

Edit: new motor is available from Marco Specialties--
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/29826

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-denis-sur-richelieu, QC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frunch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tee-d-off-gopher-wheel-spin-unit-assembly-not-working?tu=frunch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.