Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C744F37B-19CE-492A-BDFA-72AD82EA68CD (resized).png
B184D4DF-42ED-4A0A-8101-3BFA5E68F61F (resized).jpeg
0F103783-A997-435A-96D8-0120CE8C422F (resized).jpeg
F13DA890-D2EE-4E50-ACB0-9E4EA50527F0 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

Someone I know has a Gottlieb Tee'd off. The game looks like kind of a wreck but it seems to basically work.
So I stopped by today, cleaned up the play field and took a look at what I was told is two flipper problems.

The upper flipper doesn't work at all. When I look at it and compare it tothe other 2 main flippers, the coil is just dangling down. No arm, no sleeve (forgive my technical terms being incorrect).

The lower left flipper gets stuck. When I compared the good flipper (right flipper), the coil is solid, and the arm goes in and out fluidly. The left flipper, the coil is kind of loose and wiggles to the touch. When I wiggle it one way the arm goes in and out of the coil, the other way it gets stuck. It did NOT look like it was missing any mounting hardware. Is a loose coil a sign it is going bad?

So I think I need to get the entire assembly for the upper smaller flipper, and possibly just a new coil and sleeve for the lower one?

On a side note, if someone can shoot me a picture under the play field of the upper flipper on their Tee'd Off it would be really helpful.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Is a loose coil a sign it is going bad?

It's a sign of missing parts, not assembled right, or wrong parts.

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't disagree. This machine appears to be hanging on by threads. The guy selling it to this person was lucky it wasn't a collector or he would have been laughed at , or punched in the face for trying to sell this machine to someone.

With that being said: I didn't disassemble the flipper coil assemblies, but they both look complete.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes it sure is best thing to do is open up the manual and it will show you all the parts for those flippers disassembled and assembled pics

#5 4 years ago

ok, maybe I won't order any parts until I get back down there and look at the manual and game again.

What size rubbers do the right and left sling use. 2 1/2"?

#6 4 years ago

I picked up the manual when I went back down to where the game is.

I am just starting to go through it, but so far I am struggling to find a nice image of the little upper flipper.

IF someone has time, I could really use a picture of how that upper smaller flipper looks from the underside of the playfield.

Just as good would be a place that I could order the complete coil/unit.

#7 4 years ago

Well
I went back today to look at the game. I changed a bunch of the rubbers and took some pictures.

Here is a pic or two of the smaller upper flipper. The coil is just dangling down and there is no “arm” or lever that is typically present in all of the other flippers I’ve ever seen.

0F103783-A997-435A-96D8-0120CE8C422F (resized).jpeg0F103783-A997-435A-96D8-0120CE8C422F (resized).jpegB184D4DF-42ED-4A0A-8101-3BFA5E68F61F (resized).jpegB184D4DF-42ED-4A0A-8101-3BFA5E68F61F (resized).jpegF13DA890-D2EE-4E50-ACB0-9E4EA50527F0 (resized).jpegF13DA890-D2EE-4E50-ACB0-9E4EA50527F0 (resized).jpeg
#8 4 years ago

There are missing parts like the plunger arm link,coil spring,flipper return spring,eos switch.That upper flipper would be the same parts as the bottom flippers but a different size.also They are assembled in the same order.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

There are missing parts like the plunger arm link,coil spring,flipper return spring,eos switch.That upper flipper would be the same parts as the bottom flippers but a different size.also They are assembled in the same order.

Yeah.

Somehow they tell me that flipper used to work, haha. I’m not sure how that is true. There are no pieces in the bottom of the cab or hung up in the wiring.

I’d love some insight for one-stop shopping to buy all of the parts needed to make this whole.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Yeah.
Somehow they tell me that flipper used to work, haha. I’m not sure how that is true. There are no pieces in the bottom of the cab or hung up in the wiring.
I’d love some insight for one-stop shopping to buy all of the parts needed to make this whole.

Some sellers are not pinheads and those are the ones who give us the true and honest pinheads a bad name just to make a quick buck.Visit these to sites they sell all parts
1. Marcosspecialties.com
2.pinballife.com or if you call ask for terry he’s also here on pinside and tell him about your thread you put up and he can setup all the parts you need in one order.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Some sellers are not pinheads and those are the ones who give us the true and honest pinheads a bad name just to make a quick buck.Visit these to sites they sell all parts
1. Marcosspecialties.com
2.pinballife.com or if you call ask for terry he’s also here on pinside and tell him about your thread you put up and he can setup all the parts you need in one order.

Thanks for taking the time.
Terry responded to me and suggested Steve Young at pinbalresource for gottlieb stuff.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Thanks for taking the time.
Terry responded to me and suggested Steve Young at pinbalresource for gottlieb stuff.

Your very welcome and yes Steve is a great guy he’s the Gottlieb man

2 weeks later
#13 4 years ago

Ok I got back over there today and install basically everything new for the upper small flipper.

Don’t work. So I figure out that F20 is blown through testing, then confirm in the manual that F20 is for that upper mini flipper.

No fuses on me, so I borrow a 1 1/2a sloblo fuse from another spot.

The mini flipper now works, but it is weak, very weak. It definitely does not propel the ball the way it should.

I am very good at arcade repairs and less experiences with pins. I am not sure what the next move should be to
find out why that flipper is so weak.

#14 4 years ago

In other peoples experience, what is the most likely cause of a weak flipper?

Bad soldering/connection?

bad contacts ?

#15 4 years ago

measure voltage. usually weak flipper is holding voltage from bad setup eos switch

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from wugly:

measure voltage. usually weak flipper is holding voltage from bad setup eos switch

Yes and also weak flips can also be caused by a mushroomed coil stop,coil sleeve,grime/dirty build up on that flipper plunger arm.So basically just do some cleaning in and around that flipper area under the playfield.Remember do not use any chemicals or spray just a dry rag will do.Hopefully this will solve the issue.Report back ok

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Yes and also weak flips can also be caused by a mushroomed coil stop,coil sleeve,grime/dirty build up on that flipper plunger arm.So basically just do some cleaning in and around that flipper area under the playfield.Remember do not use any chemicals or spray just a dry rag will do.Hopefully this will solve the issue.Report back ok

The entire flipper has new parts, Except the coil stop. Though pics I posted earlier in this thread, makeme think its in good shape.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

The entire flipper has new parts, Except the coil stop. Though pics I posted earlier in this thread, makeme think its in good shape.

Oh ok

#19 4 years ago

Did you check EOS switch for that flipper?Are the EOS blades properly adjusted?

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Did you check EOS switch for that flipper?Are the EOS blades properly adjusted?

From my other readings, I believe this is my next move. Though I’d appreciate any pics of a properly adjusted eos switch.

#21 4 years ago

Here’s a pic to give you an idea how it’s set up not from same game but majority work the same

C744F37B-19CE-492A-BDFA-72AD82EA68CD (resized).pngC744F37B-19CE-492A-BDFA-72AD82EA68CD (resized).png
#22 4 years ago

Here’s a pic to give you an idea how it’s set up not from same game but majority work the same

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

I just took a look at the coil stop pic that you put up and it looks to be in very good shape.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-denis-sur-richelieu, QC
2,520 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tee-d-off-flipper-problems-etc-?hl=wugly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.