(Topic ID: 197878)

Technoplay's "Scramble" for $100. Yes or no?

By dyopp21

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8217 (resized).JPG
Scr10 (resized).jpeg
Scr3 (resized).jpeg
Scr2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dyopp21.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have an opportunity to buy a local machine but I know nothing about the manufacturer. I assume it doesn't work but I haven't gotten all the deets yet. The backglass and playfield look to be in rather good shape, but of course I'm worried about the board, and the availability of parts.

An advise on how hard it would be to find a board, or even get a board of this type repaired would be appreciated. Also, what about general parts like coils? Are there crossover parts that would work? (i.e. Williams coils will work in Sega Sonic games, etc)

Thanks in advance.

Scr3 (resized).jpegScr3 (resized).jpegScr10 (resized).jpegScr10 (resized).jpegScr2 (resized).jpegScr2 (resized).jpeg

#17 6 years ago

Glad you picked it up, @rustmonkies. I've got 11 project machines in front of me already, and that's on top of maintaining 20 machines in a public arcade in Millington and just didn't know anything about the machine so was hesitant to take it on.

Glad it went to someone new in the hobby! Good luck with the restore.

#19 6 years ago

Rustmonkies absolutely. Join us for a Friday night tournament some time! 7:30.

IMG_8217 (resized).JPGIMG_8217 (resized).JPG

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

And why were you wasting our time asking us if you should buy it?

You've made over 2300 posts on Pinside. You answered my question originally with a simple "yes." Jesus H tittyfucking Christ, just how valuable is your time?

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

WTH does that have to do with anything? Anyone asking if a project game (much less one that looks halfway NICE) is worth 100 bucks is probably going to get pee-pee-slapped. It's ludicrous. Parts alone, backglass alone, boards alone worth that... I don't recommend or even support parting out games, but asking if a 100 buck pin is a "good deal".....lol... it takes a hell of a lot for it to NOT be.

Fair enough. However I probably look at buying pins from a different viewpoint than some, or maybe even most. Since all my pins go into an arcade, I want to be able to fix them. If parts aren't available then it's just not something I want to take on. I admit I probably should've worded the topic differently. Maybe something like, "Before I purchase, will I be able to find parts for this?" It wasn't about price really.

I'll never buy one to part it out for profit, or to simply flip it. I want to dig in and get my hands dirty.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dyopp21.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/technoplays-scramble-for-100-yes-or-no?tu=dyopp21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.