image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
#1 8 years ago

Here is my Technoplay X-Force pinball that I recently bought ,cabinet and playfield ar nice condition but problem is a batery leak and cpu board that dont work i need also manual and parts catalog for this pinball that i can repair this game...

Here is a few pictures

image1_(resized).JPGimage1_(resized).JPG

image2_(resized).JPGimage2_(resized).JPG

image3_(resized).JPGimage3_(resized).JPG

image4_(resized).JPGimage4_(resized).JPG

image5_(resized).JPGimage5_(resized).JPG

image6_(resized).JPGimage6_(resized).JPG

image7_(resized).JPGimage7_(resized).JPG

#2 8 years ago

I have Space Team and no documentation either. Really wish i had at least a schematic. If you find any paperwork please let me know, and i'll do the same for you. They are the exact same boardset. Note the IPDB.org has documentation for Xforce including some schematics. Nothing there for Space Team. Here's the Xforce manual: http://www.pinrepair.com/wanted/tecnoplay_xforce_man.pdf

#3 8 years ago

Hi I see that only technoplay X-Force and Space Team have a same board system ...I'll try to replace all the damaged components at CPU board I hope it will run again ....

#4 8 years ago

Its yours Space Team in working condition,and do you have any video of CPU how its work and boots properly?

#5 8 years ago

I have full manual & schematics to
My Xforce
It's a large format print
Let me know what you need

#6 8 years ago

Here is my problem with CPU board that do not boot....

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

I have full manual & schematics to
My Xforce
It's a large format print
Let me know what you need

Hi, can you send this on my email?

#8 8 years ago

There are quite a few pages
Will need to take pics of each page

Anything specific you need quick?
Send me your email

#9 8 years ago

the LEDs on the CPU board just indicate voltages. They don't blink or flash. Yours are all on so it means voltages are there (though you should check them with a meter.)

#10 8 years ago

I need first to check CPU board test points to see ...so i need that first if you can send to my email [email protected] , I have seen that one chip is missing on board or it can be left blank without chip This is a place marked CN4?

#11 8 years ago

This probably doesn't help much but here's a Space Team boot up video. Notice it comes up immediately, there's no flash codes or anything.

#12 8 years ago

Love those Crazy looking flasher caps on the XForce

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

This probably doesn't help much but here's a Space Team boot up video. Notice it comes up immediately, there's no flash codes or anything. » YouTube video

Thanks ,nice to see it working...I think something that there might be a problem that I do not have battery, so it needs to be adjusted and there is a possibility that the displays do not work so so I can not see the message...

#14 8 years ago

I'm a little more detail at voltages on the board and I noticed an irregular voltage on connector on the top left of the CPU board

These are my measurements on power input connector on CPU board by pins from top to bottom

11,60 VAC Pin 1 top
11,60 VAC Pin 2
0 VAC Pin 3
0 VAC Pin 4
18,30 VAC Pin 5
6,50 VAC Pin 6
6,50 VAC Pin 7
6 VAC Pin 8
6 VAC Pin 9
3,9 VAC Pin 10
0 VAC Pin 11
3,9 VAC Pin 12 bottom

And these are the values of voltage from manual

11 VAC Pin 1 top
11 VAC Pin 2
0 VAC Pin 3
34 VAC Pin 4
34 VAC Pin 5
10,50 VAC Pin 6
10,50 VAC Pin 7
10,50 VAC Pin 8
10,50 VAC Pin 9
3,6 VAC Pin 10
0 VAC Pin 11
3,6 VAC Pin 12 bottom

I also measured the voltages on the CPU on the test points

on left side of CPU Board

GND -> TP 1 3,9 VAC
GND -> TP 2 3,9 VAC

and ond right side of CPU Board

GND -> TP 6 +1,45 VDC
GND -> TP 7 - 11,70 VDC
GND -> TP 9 +11,70 VDC
GND -> TP 10 +4,78 VDC

And Yesterday I noticed when i mesured voltage on CPU that LED light control for + 50V has stop to work, I guess because the test position TP6 is only 1,45VDC
Now I've seen and continue down below the playfield, there is a power suply with 2 transformers (one small and one big) , three Bridge/Rectifier and a large capacitor,I'll try to replace the big capacitor and the three Bridge/Rectifier and then see what happens...

And here on all you would like to ask if someone can check voltages on yours X-Force or the Space Team so I can compare to my measurements to see the difference....

#15 8 years ago

just test the bridges don't replace them. most of your voltage checks are OK. you're using ground for testing, right? well you really can't do that with AC voltages. Usually you'll get half of what you should get for the measurement. Ground is a good reference for DC, but not AC voltages.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

just test the bridges don't replace them. most of your voltage checks are OK. you're using ground for testing, right? well you really can't do that with AC voltages. Usually you'll get half of what you should get for the measurement.

Yes I used a ground on the CPU board to test voltages..As it says in the instructions voltage corresponds most except the six wires in the middle connector fromo pin 4 to pin 9
Can you measure voltages on yours pinball machine so that I compare with my ?

#17 8 years ago

Tomorrow I'll bring CPU board to one electronic technician to test it ,I'll tell the results after testing..

1 week later
#18 8 years ago

Here is my report,the electronic tehnician said that the problem in the power supply or a small transformer that supplies power to the CPU board...with this CPU board which I have carried on to check it to him and with complete transformer installation for supply voltage to CPU board and hi even said that the smaller transformer produce quite heat and voltages that's what I originally looked still is the main problem here...since this is a rare pinball I'll try to fix the transformer I even contacted a nearby located companies here near me, which produces transformers, and we will see ...

#19 8 years ago

Good luck with the restoration. That looks like a fun game worth restoring.

#20 8 years ago

in my experience transformers really don't go bad. in the 25 years i've been doing this, i've replaced one transformer. and in that case, it was obvious (you could see the transformer had heat issues.) for a point of reference, i repair more than 500 games a year.

What i'm saying is that you best think really hard before dong anything with that transformer. it's just very unlikely this is the problem.

#21 8 years ago

I found a man who has a service for pinball machines from the early 70 I hope that he help me to fix X-Force...Today I took a CPU board with a power supply to check it so we'll see...this man should know what he's doing as opposed to the first where I was at the beginning..

#22 8 years ago

If you cant get it fixed I would like to buy it.

#23 8 years ago

Here some transformer info

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#24 8 years ago

Some power supply info

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#25 8 years ago

Thanks for wire scheme, today I have buy a Rubber Ring Kit on Ebay....

#26 8 years ago

Are those displays just like Gottliebs?

#27 8 years ago

the displays are Futaba blue displays like Gottlieb system80b and early system3 and Alvin G. But the board they sit on is different, from what i can tell.

#28 8 years ago

I have good news, I received a call today from the service man and hi said that the CPU board is working now after repair , the problem was in one chip .... now I can not wait to see the board working in pinball machine and try it out....

#29 8 years ago

Here is a Video after I instal CPU Board ,but there is a problem because the switches in one complete whole row of the matrix are activ but not physically active, so I doubt on the ULN 2003 and CA 3081

#30 8 years ago

you're missing sound too. or you have it turned off. but in attract mode when the blue flasher next to the score displays are flashing, it should be playing a 80s video game like song. it does this for about the first 5 minutes in attract mode, then stops. And when you add credits it also should play a tune.

#31 8 years ago

Here is video with sound...

#32 8 years ago

Today i receve a rubbet ring kit from USA 7day shipping not to long .

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#33 8 years ago

Here few cleaning photos...

#34 8 years ago

And few after cleaning

#35 8 years ago

#36 8 years ago

Video after cleaning

1 week later
#38 8 years ago

I have finaly fix a game replace one transistor and IC on switch matrix and works fine now only have to replace one coil .....

#39 8 years ago

Cool sounds and music on that game. I like the different flippers you have on there.

#40 8 years ago

Here one with my son playing ...and 4ball multiball

#41 8 years ago

Here are rules for gameplay...

#42 8 years ago

I found one shop for pinball parts in Germany taht has in stock the new NOS coils for tecnoplay so I'll get there a new coil for my x-force (chopper eject hole,now I installed temporarily a coil of williams bumper that I had on hand but is too weak) and two new flippers because my is different now

#43 8 years ago

someone tried to create a new coil but that did not work and fuse was blowing continuously and transistor also was not correct

1 week later
#44 8 years ago

Here is a NEW coil and two flippers

#45 8 years ago

So cool to see a rare and exotic machine like this get revived. Keep up the good work!

1 week later
#46 7 years ago

Here a two beter Video of Tecnoplay X-Force Pinball

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Jappie:

So cool to see a rare and exotic machine like this get revived. Keep up the good work!

Yes and hard to find parts for this Tecnoplay Pinballs

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/technoplay-x-force-restoration and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.