Left Flipper Button 4.jpg
Left Flipper Button.jpg
Left Flipper 5.jpg
Left Flipper Button 3.jpg
Left Flipper Button 2.jpg
Left Flipper 3.jpg
Left Flipper 2.jpg
Left Flipper 4.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrisbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Also, I tried tapping / smacking the bottom of the cabinet, but the game never turned off. Maybe that isn't hooked up or something?

you can tilt the machine doing this, but there is a switch for turning the machine off, have a look under the cabinet, front right hand side on most machines.

#51 9 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Replace the coil sleeves.

That's good advice.

#53 9 years ago

The coil is either good or bad, only replace if required, the sleeves on the other hand do ware. See if the sleeve will come out of the bobbin, make sure the bobbin is not distorted where the sleeve inserts, check the Ω and if close the coil is good.

If you have the Schematic, the Ω is on their next to the coil symbol. Checking the Ω can be tricky to get a correct reading without removing. You need to have an open SW between you and the transformer and other coils. The transformer is easy, take the fuse out. On the previous page, that coil, Make sure it is the right coil, looks like a hack from another machine. At least it will be easy to check that coil,LOL.

Coils cost between $8 and $20 each, sleeves $1. There are a few types of sleeves; some extend each way some don’t. In my tool box, I have a bunch of LONG sleeves, I can cut then down as required, but it is nice to get the right one when possible.

Do you have a copy of your schematic in PDF?

#54 9 years ago

When you order, it is good idea to replace the Flipper bushing too, will make the flipper operate much better with a new bush. For me ordering means a BIG postage bill, living in Australia. I like to save up my list till it makes the postage worthwhile.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chrisbee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/technical-questions-about-my-new-em?tu=chrisbee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.