Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by dasvis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

100 Point Gong.jpg
Parts List.jpg
Stepping unit.JPG
image.jpg
Backbox.jpg
Passive Bumper.jpg
Right Flipper Button.jpg
Left Flipper.jpg
Left Flipper Button 4.jpg
Left Flipper Button.jpg
Left Flipper 5.jpg
Left Flipper Button 3.jpg
Left Flipper Button 2.jpg
Left Flipper 3.jpg
Left Flipper 2.jpg
Left Flipper 4.jpg

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Replace the coil sleeves.

That's good advice.

#52 5 years ago

I don't mind replacing the coils and all the other associated parts. What's the best way to get a parts list together? I assume I would need both coils, both sleeves and one bracket.

Whatever anyone thinks would be easiest way to resolve the problem. I'm not going to care about a few dollars. I would rather do it right the first time than half ass it.

#53 5 years ago

The coil is either good or bad, only replace if required, the sleeves on the other hand do ware. See if the sleeve will come out of the bobbin, make sure the bobbin is not distorted where the sleeve inserts, check the Ω and if close the coil is good.

If you have the Schematic, the Ω is on their next to the coil symbol. Checking the Ω can be tricky to get a correct reading without removing. You need to have an open SW between you and the transformer and other coils. The transformer is easy, take the fuse out. On the previous page, that coil, Make sure it is the right coil, looks like a hack from another machine. At least it will be easy to check that coil,LOL.

Coils cost between $8 and $20 each, sleeves $1. There are a few types of sleeves; some extend each way some don’t. In my tool box, I have a bunch of LONG sleeves, I can cut then down as required, but it is nice to get the right one when possible.

Do you have a copy of your schematic in PDF?

#54 5 years ago

When you order, it is good idea to replace the Flipper bushing too, will make the flipper operate much better with a new bush. For me ordering means a BIG postage bill, living in Australia. I like to save up my list till it makes the postage worthwhile.

#55 5 years ago

Where would I find a parts list for my game? I found this, but can't figure out what I need.

I guess I need the 10 point coil, sleeve and bracket along with the 100 point sleeve.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/BLY_Parts_1969/files/mobile/index.html#1

#56 5 years ago

You need to take it apart and see if you can get the sleeves out before you know what you need. Those metal sleeves on Bally coils can be near impossible to get out without destroying the coil.

The sleeve for the bell coil is different than a sleeve for a regular coil with a plunger. A bell coil sleeve will extend out from the coil in both directions-there is no coil stop.

You need to check the stepper coil against the schematic so you get the correct size coil-there are different frame sizes.

1 week later
#57 5 years ago

What if I were to just replace both coils, the bent bracket and both sleeves? That would just save me the trouble of ripping it apart while I wait for parts. It appears as though the coils are cheap.

I'm having problems finding the correct parts. I went through the manual I found at Planetary Pinball Supply and think I found the right pages, but I'm not 100% sure.

This "appears" to be the 10 point bell, but I'm not sure. It's labeled as "Stepping Unit, Continuous Match (0-9) with Bell". That makes me think it's if you get a match and might not supposed to be ringing all the time? The one in the parts manual only has 1 spring and mine has 2?

http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/BLY_Parts_1969/index.html#/107/zoomed

Here is what my assembly looks like.

Stepping unit.JPG

If that is indeed the correct unit, then it looks like I need the following parts to replace the coil, sleeve and bracket: according the parts list above and this game specific parts list I purchased from PBR.

Bracket A-613-33
Guide Ring C-342
Coil (Replay Steup Up) CO-26-GG-9

Parts List.jpg

As for the 100 point bell, this gets a little more complicated.

This looks like my 100 point bell assembly.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/BLY_Parts_1969/index.html#/155/zoomed

100 Point Gong.jpg

I'm not really sure what I would need here because I don't see the sleeve listed? I can get the coil, unless the sleeve is what is listed as A316-22?

This is freakin' confusing if you ask me.

#58 5 years ago

When you buy a coil, they generally come with a new sleeve.

#59 5 years ago

I just got off the phone with the guy at PBR and I have to say, he really knows his stuff.

I ordered the coil stop, coil and sleeve for the 10 point bell. At least it will ring consistently and was obviously the wrong coil (according to the guy I talked to). I also ordered a flipper rebuild kit, new flippers (mine are cracked), new pop bumper caps (mine are burnt and incorrect for the game), and screws for the caps (mine is missing some).

The problem is the 100 point gong. Other than some heavy modifications, I'm pretty much toast. He advised me NOT to try and remove the sleeve. He said because of the way they are made, I'll destroy the coil attempting to remove the sleeve. That's not something I want to do because even if I could get it out, I can't buy a replacement. He said my issue lies with the sleeve (which isn't available) or the ring that keeps the plunger centered (also not available). He said I can modify the bracket, purchase a different coil / sleeve combination and glue in a guide washer to resolve the problem.

I'm going to wait on this for now.

I also tried to replace the plunger end, but he said that requires some modification too as they aren't available.

He said things aren't normally this difficult, but apparently this is an unusual game. That would be my luck!

#60 5 years ago

yea, that guy at pbr knows his stuff...

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I just got off the phone with the guy at PBR and I have to say, he really knows his stuff.
I ordered the coil stop, coil and sleeve for the 10 point bell. At least it will ring consistently and was obviously the wrong coil (according to the guy I talked to). I also ordered a flipper rebuild kit, new flippers (mine are cracked), new pop bumper caps (mine are burnt and incorrect for the game), and screws for the caps (mine is missing some).
The problem is the 100 point gong. Other than some heavy modifications, I'm pretty much toast. He advised me NOT to try and remove the sleeve. He said because of the way they are made, I'll destroy the coil attempting to remove the sleeve. That's not something I want to do because even if I could get it out, I can't buy a replacement. He said my issue lies with the sleeve (which isn't available) or the ring that keeps the plunger centered (also not available). He said I can modify the bracket, purchase a different coil / sleeve combination and glue in a guide washer to resolve the problem.
I'm going to wait on this for now.
I also tried to replace the plunger end, but he said that requires some modification too as they aren't available.
He said things aren't normally this difficult, but apparently this is an unusual game. That would be my luck!

I assume you talked to Steve.

So he's saying the coil is not available? I would bet someone around here would have one lying around. And you can't buy a new plunger for it? The ring is on the plunger on Bally flippers. I'd have to take mine apart to see exactly what the plunger for the bell looks like.

You might take it apart and see if you can clean it up. It might just be gunked up and that's causing it to stick. I wouldn't bet my life on it but you never know. I think you might be able to get by without the ring if there's supposed to be one but if the sleeve is toast, you can't get those metal sleeves out of Bally coils.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I assume you talked to Steve.

I didn't get his name, but he really knew his stuff and I appreciated his explanations.

Quoted from EMsInKC:

So he's saying the coil is not available?

Correct. He said if it is working it's not the coil and has to be the sleeve or the alignment clip (I can't remember exactly what he called it). I was going to take it apart and clean it up and see if that helps.

#63 5 years ago

It usually is the sleeve. That's why I said see if you can get a new coil because I know those old metal Bally sleeves won't come out without destroying the coil.

Cleaning it up might work. It's worth a try. I'll see if I have any old Bally coils lying around that might work.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

It usually is the sleeve. That's why I said see if you can get a new coil because I know those old metal Bally sleeves won't come out without destroying the coil.
Cleaning it up might work. It's worth a try. I'll see if I have any old Bally coils lying around that might work.

I just pulled 4 metal coil sleeves out of a Bally Twin Win last week.
They came out fine and destroyed nothing.
Are they different then the ones you guys are talking about?

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Are they different then the ones you guys are talking about?

I honestly don't know. The guy on the phone said they are smaller, but I don't know for sure. It looks like it's a CO-31-0-55 according to the sheet. He told me that they are a problem because none of the parts are available.

I'm going to try and clean it up tonight. It just looks like I have to pull the bell, then remove the two screws at the stop and it should slide right out. Doesn't look like it will take too long to do.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

yea, that guy at pbr knows his stuff...

I would hope so.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 8.00
Electronics
Docent Electronics
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
ArcadeArts
$ 7,699.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 11.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 349.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
€ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Creo Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7.00
Electronics
APB Enterprises
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Whitewater pinball mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 91.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside