5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by solarvalue
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 months ago

Currently listen to head2head as i LOVE the humour / news but never goes into much technical detail.

Are there some others i can listen to where the guests really go into technical detail about pinball. There was one years ago where all the guests would talk about firmware / eeproms wiring and everything it was great.

Regards
    Russell

#2 5 months ago
    Quoted from russdx:

Currently listen to head2head as i LOVE the humour / news but never goes into much technical detail.
    Are there some others i can listen to where the guests really go into technical detail about pinball. There was one years ago where all the guests would talk about firmware / eeproms wiring and everything it was great.
    Regards
    Russell

Slam tilt podcast talk tech almost every episode.
    They even had a tech only podcasts about 2 months back with Scott and Zac.

I can talk tech all this week as it's all I have been doing. But Martin can't follow really so it wouldn't work

#3 5 months ago

Thanks i will check them out

You need like a little Ryan's tech tips 15min section on the show

#4 5 months ago

My show, For Amusement Only, has quite a bit of tech - all related to EM games. Cleaning and adjusting switches, disassembling and assembling, lubricating steppers, reading schematics, troubleshooting, and much more. Currently, I am building a few different games, and talking about the challenges involved with that.

I've also interviewed dozens of restorers, mechanics, and engineers (and one designer), and always talk tech with them.

Over 430 episodes, generally bite-sized, speaking about a specific problem/issue per episode, typically. Some of the games I'm building are solid state with LCD displays, and I speak about technical (wiring) challenges, drawing schematics, and programming issues (including animations).

#5 5 months ago

I had a chance to listen on Wednesday . I like the way you break it down so even the newbies can understand. Keep up the good work .

#6 5 months ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

My show, For Amusement Only, has quite a bit of tech - all related to EM games. Cleaning and adjusting switches, disassembling and assembling, lubricating steppers, reading schematics, troubleshooting, and much more. Currently, I am building a few different games, and talking about the challenges involved with that.
    I've also interviewed dozens of restorers, mechanics, and engineers (and one designer), and always talk tech with them.

Will check it out thanks

#7 5 months ago

Have you listened to the old Topcasts? They had tech episodes in between their great interview episodes.
    http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/past.php

#8 5 months ago

And I agree with OP. I wish there were more tech-focused pinball (or arcade) podcasts.

#9 5 months ago

TopCAST yes i am pretty certain these are the ones i was referring to (quite a few years ago i listened to them), some amazing interviews

#10 5 months ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Over 430 episodes, generally bite-sized, speaking about a specific problem/issue per episode, typically. Some of the games I'm building are solid state with LCD displays, and I speak about technical (wiring) challenges, drawing schematics, and programming issues (including animations).

Sounds right up my alley, will check it out! Thx.

#11 5 months ago

Topcast tech shows were great. I would love it if there was a primarily tech talk show. Something short like For Amusement Only but for SS machines. Imagine if Clay did a Pinball Ninja show, talking about a repair each week, or a show from Lloyd or Vid. Maybe the tech from the Pinheadz show, was it Steve? Seems like that's definitely a niche which someone could fill. I'd even pay a subscription for a show like that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 218.00
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.99
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    £ 58.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    € 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 75.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 26.50
    $ 244.99
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside