• 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by swanng
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Working on a RS and want some reassurance of the issue

The upper flipper to hit Red etc is so weak

I can have my finger in front of it and I hit the button and my finger stops the flipper from rising

Any ideas ?

I have already cleaned opto and eos is working, all is good in test

Thank you in advance

#2 8 years ago

Coil wired incorrectly? broken/frayed coil wires? Plunger binding on coil sleeve?

#3 8 years ago

If the plastic flag that moves out of the opto doesn't fully clear the opto when you push the flipper button it will cause a weak upper flipper. Try lifting the playfield with the prop rod and move the flag all the way out of the opto and see if it's stronger. May just need an bit of adjusting. JEP

#4 8 years ago

Also clean the opto on the flipper board. Another easy test is swapping the left and right flipper boards and see if the issue follows the board.

#5 8 years ago

Thank you all

Will try all this out

#6 8 years ago

Had this happen on a Demo Man... I just get a q tip and spray some windex on it and clean the flipper button opto and the dry it with a clean q tip.

#7 8 years ago

Wrong coil size? EOS switch needs adjustment?

#8 8 years ago

I was commenting about just the shear weakness, that the weight of the ball was too much to allow the flipper to flip

I will try all these suggestions

Thank you

#9 8 years ago

Could also be a problem on the Fliptronics 2 board. Check the transistors, diodes, and resistors for that particular flipper. Make sure the transistors are good, measured resistance is in tolerance. If these are all good, you might want to check the LM339's at U4 and U6. The optos on the flipper opto board for the weak flipper may be failing. This can happen whether the optos are clean or not. Swap boards and see if the problem follows the board.

#10 8 years ago

Oh yeah.............check the solder pads for the headers on BOTH flipper opto boards. Make sure none have cracks. If they do, reflow the solder on the header pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 63.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-wpc-upper-flipper-super-weak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.