You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20181115_180455 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181115_180417 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181115_180338 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

So I'm not familiar with these JJP games at all, and I'm working on a WoZ for someone else. It was brought to my place a few days ago and here is what it's doing.

My shop is protected with GFCI receptacles. When I plug the game in and turn it on it trips the GFCI receptacle immediately. So I ran a good heavy gauge extension cord to a circuit outside of the workshop and turned the game on.

I hear some fans turn on and the monitor says no input signal. That's it.

I opened up the large metal box in the bottom and found the reset switch. With the game on I push the reset switch and the fan on the processor runs, I hear hard drive noise, the backbox marquee light comes on, coin door slot lights come on and the monitor says no input signal.

After 10 seconds I hear the fans go off and the backbox marquee light goes off. Then the fans start again, marquee light comes on and it keeps repeating this on/off pattern.

If I turn the game off with the switch and turn it back on again I have to push the reset button to get the hard drive and processor fan to spin, but it won't boot.

That's where I'm at. Nothing on the screen other than the words no input signal and fans coming on and going off repeatedly.

Any ideas?

#2 5 years ago

Couple of fairly wild guesses. Bad power supply 1 or bad computer mother board 2

#3 5 years ago

Unfortunately, that's what I was thinking as well. I won't have time to look at it again until after Thanksgiving, but just trying to exhaust other things first before I contact JJP support. At least I can say that I have tried everything I can think of.

#4 5 years ago

No idea how they keep game memory in that game, but I have a touchscreen LCD countertop game, and the battery went bad and the game would do the exact same thing. After installing a new backup battery, the game would still do nothing but keep booting and say no signal over and over. The original game info had to be reloaded into the machine for it to function. Call the manufacturer is best bet. Hopefully they will have tech support.

#5 5 years ago

That makes sense as to why it won't boot, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it tripping the GFCI receptacles should it? That sounds like a board or power supply issue.

#6 5 years ago

post a picture of all the boards inside the metal box, so I can see what boards that version uses

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

post a picture of all the boards inside the metal box, so I can see what boards that version uses

I will tonight when I get home.

So I removed the CR2032 battery from the motherboard and it measures 3.01VDC. Put that back in, hooked a keyboard up to the computer and turned the game on. Still same behavior as before. It doesn't even appear that the computer responded to the keyboard because I could not get the cap lock light to come on. I assume you plug the USB keyboard into any available USB port on the back of the computer case in the bottom of the cabinet?

#9 5 years ago

Pictures of the box in the bottom of the cabinet.

IMG_20181115_180338 (resized).jpgIMG_20181115_180338 (resized).jpgIMG_20181115_180417 (resized).jpgIMG_20181115_180417 (resized).jpgIMG_20181115_180455 (resized).jpgIMG_20181115_180455 (resized).jpg
#10 5 years ago

Still have nothing. Messed with it for several hours last night and it still has the same behavior. Oh well, big trash day is coming up; so hauling this POS to the curb will be the most fun I've had with this game in a long time.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Still have nothing. Messed with it for several hours last night and it still has the same behavior. Oh well, big trash day is coming up; so hauling this POS to the curb will be the most fun I've had with this game in a long time.

you guys are so unreal, I have a flat tire on my car or a flat battery so I am going to throw out my car.

to the rear of the cabinet is there a computer power supply?

That is probably your problem, log a service ticket with JJP

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

you guys are so unreal, I have a flat tire on my car or a flat battery so I am going to throw out my car.

Haha it was a joke! Yeah, it's not my game and I never liked WoZ anyways. It's the game from our league location; so if I can get rid of it now, I'll never have to play it again. Win-win.

3 weeks later
#14 5 years ago

Well the game is up and running with a new CPU.

Issue now that it's having is the coin door switches aren't working. All fuses on the I/O board illuminate when the coin door is closed.

Any ideas?

#16 5 years ago

The reboot tells me bad ram so logical a new cpu fixed it. If you have a 5 volt failure the Marquee won't come on at all

#17 5 years ago

For me this was a bad ram - mine was loose due to my run in on this fix. Same symptoms also checking loose connectors going to the PC after pulling and reseating the ram. Also get an inexpensive pc tester it will tell you if your power supply is good. This is on the bootup issue

#18 5 years ago

Got it. Connector JUSB1 on the motherboard was not seated right because it is a little further away from the header on the old motherboard. Probably one reason why the connector was hot-melt glued like it was.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
$ 16.95
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.50
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-woz-won-t-boot-trios-gfci-receptacle- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.