Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi All,

I just picked up a 73 Williams Upper Deck pitch and bat and was hoping I could get some quick input to help me troubleshoot an issue. This is actually my first EM, so I'm still in a learning process.

The game powers up fine and appears to play just fine. When you press the button to pitch the ball and then press the swing button to hit the ball at the correct time, the bat does not swing. However, if you press the swing button immediately after you pitch the ball, the bat swings just fine, but the swing occurs ahead of the pitch and the ball rolls by for a strike. It seems like a timing issue of just a fraction of a second.

Is there a timing adjustment? I know there's a power adjustment for the bat, but that does not affect the timing issue.

I already cleaned the switch contacts and the pitch and swing components, but that did not correct the issue. I'm going to spend more time with it today, but I thought I would post here first to potentially help narrow down the issue.

Thanks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-wms-upper-deck-bat-is-out-of-sync-with-pitch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.