(Topic ID: 59533)

Tech: Wild Life Tilt Issue

By PinSpinner

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinSpinner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Well, I finally found an EM machine and got it home. What was a great working machine is now having an issue and I have no idea how to work on an EM (part of the reason why I brought one was to learn). I start a game and it immediately tilts without moving the machine. The tilt bob is not engaged and I have no idea what is going on. Any suggestions? I have a feeling it is something simple.

#4 10 years ago

I think I've narrowed it down to the back box. I need to get inside of it and look around. If I even touch the machine (or if the ball is plunged at even soft speed) the thing tilts. I think the greatest sensitivity it when I touch the back box. I'll post results tomorrow.

#6 10 years ago

I narrowed it down to the ball tilt. I took the ball out and it works well. The ball was ancient so I wonder if that has to do with it. When it did tilt, it would tilt during game start or during the plung or right after the plunge or when I looked at the machine the wrong way...

I'd like to get the ball tilt fixed. Reading the previous post triggered a memory of the 'This Ol' Pinball' VHS tapes I haven't watched yet. I may just go down and plug the VHS recorder and learn a little bit first. I'll check back if I still can't solve it.

#8 10 years ago

The ball was not resting at the front of the game. It wa resting at the back on the switch leaf. I understand completely now. I'll adjust the slope of the bracket and put the ball back in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinSpinner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-wild-life-tilt-issue?tu=PinSpinner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.