• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_2538 (resized).JPG

#1 6 years ago

Yes, I should know this, but... can somebody confirm where the loose end of the yellow wire in this picture should be soldered? (coming from the spinner microswitch). I'm guessing the switch just to the left in the picture, on the lug with the single yellow wire? Thanks!

IMG_2538 (resized).JPGIMG_2538 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Looks like.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from spclwhenlit:

I'm guessing the switch just to the left in the picture, on the lug with the single yellow wire? Thanks!

Maybe, follow the yellow wire to the next switch and so on until you come to a green wire. Does it have a blue stripe, if yes then connect it, if no the its not the correct switch.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4 6 years ago

The yellow wire is daisy chained to the lead of the standup target directly to its left. Just solder it onto the lead with the other yellow wire. See picture:

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

#5 6 years ago

Wow - you guys are on the ball! And Grumpy, yes, the yellow wire on the adjacent switch goes to another switch lug which has two green w/ blue wires soldered to it, which is also the spinner switch column's wire color. Thanks everybody!

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from spclwhenlit:

Wow - you guys are on the ball!

Playball!

6 years later
#7 6 months ago

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread!!!!
Had the yellow wire break off from the lug with the green/blue wire. The switch matrix didn’t indicate that the two connected (well… at least not that I could figure out).

Thanks!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-whirlwind-spinner-switch-wiring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.