(Topic ID: 152995)

TECH: What cabinet mounting hardware for Taxi?

By Vanapult

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Vanapult
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2016-02-24_at_12.32.59_PM_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vanapult.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

The one I have has 2 carriage bolts and a washer. No pivot nuts/bushings. The cabinet bracket just rides on the threads of the bolts, which aren't secured at all.

Parts manual on PP didn't have this info for Taxi (as far as I could tell), and pics in the Taxi restore threads are too far away to determine what I'm looking at. Thanks!

#2 8 years ago

Bump. Even a picture would help!

#4 8 years ago

Sorry, didn't realize the details weren't clear! I'm talking about what the actual playfield rests and pivots on, not the backbox.

#5 8 years ago

Here's a blurry image from ebay

Screen_Shot_2016-02-24_at_12.32.59_PM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-02-24_at_12.32.59_PM_(resized).png

#9 8 years ago

Blackbeard, by pins to you mean bolts, or do you have something in addition to the bolts? My bolts aren't even secure in the cab, which why I was wondering if there was a pivot bushing as well. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4352

#11 8 years ago

I guess the pivot nut itself would secure the bolt. I've encountered several games now (2 of them being Shadows) where one or both of these were missing. In one instance they were just sitting in the cabinet. In more than one of these, the missing pivot nut would cause the playfield scrape the sidewalls when lifted, and/or would make it difficult to lock the playfield hinge so that it could be put in the upright service position.

For home games this is probably not too big of a deal. For location games and the like that will require frequent maintenance, this is one more thing to take care of that will save headaches in the future.

#12 8 years ago

Thanks to all for the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 22.50
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vanapult.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-what-cabinet-mounting-hardware-for-taxi?tu=Vanapult and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.