image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image-636.jpg
image-570.jpg
image-310.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doot77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

Yeah, I had the same problem with mine. I was confused what was wrong with them myself until I compaired them to my BSD and found that they were slightly different in design. Basically the newer games changed design by making the lower part slightly wider which prevented the arms from being bent easily which is what is likely the issue with yours. When I get home from work I can get you a picture for you to look at and confirm. I actually welded a bead on each of mine to give them the same witdth as the newer design.

#6 9 years ago

Ok so I forgot to take a look at it yesterday but I took a picture of what I did to fix the bad design which is basically the same thing my BSD and newer games have too. What happens is where the hinge lock ( part where the spring connects to that pivots) contacts the under playfield rails is to narrow on the early design and if it gets slight bent which it does because of the weight, then the spring will force it all the way to the playfield rather than to the edge of the rail. So I cut a small piece of metal and extended the lower section out enough so the hinge can't go past the rail. This is exactly what the newer rails have done to them, if you have any game like that you can look and see the differences if you look at the end at the back of the PF. Here's a pic that kinda shows where I'm talking about, let me know if you have any more questions.

Matt

image.jpgimage.jpg
#8 9 years ago

I can try and get you a pic of that, but the thing you need to check is that the part that pivots with the spring attached isn't being pulled all the way to the backside of the PF/rails. If it's like mine was is slightly bent and goes all the way back but it should stop on the top of the rail slides. That's why they made it wider at the bottom part to prevent it from being pulled to far back.

#10 9 years ago

Yeah the newer style are the same with the slight difference of being wider at the bottom to prevent the issue I was referring to. Have you tried to tweak (bend) the pivot back outwards. It might not stay in position long but if that's the issue you'll know it.

#12 9 years ago

Ok the part that pivots that the spring hooks onto (Pic1). It needs to rest on the upper part of the PF slides(pic2&3) if it doesn't then it will go all the way to the PF. Then when you slide the PF forward before you raise it, it prevents it from going above the front guide nut like seen in pic 5 which then won't allow the PF to be raised. pic 4 shows the newer style on my BSD and you can see how it's a bit wider there than your wh2o. My wh2o I welded tabs on to it making it like the newer ones.
image-570.jpgimage-570.jpg
image-310.jpgimage-310.jpg
image-636.jpgimage-636.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#15 9 years ago

Ok if they are angled to far down and going under the front pin it's because they are being pulled back to far, which means that they are not stopping at the top part of the slide where they mount to the playfield. The pivot arm is slightly bent outwards which is having it rest on the lower part of the slide the part that the screws mount through the PF to. That 1/2 inch difference is the issue.

#19 9 years ago

Venom, did you notice a big difference in the spring length of the two by chance? I also replaced the springs on mine which were longer than the originals but found they mounted differently on the newer rails. I'm guessing that extra length might allow it the pivot to go lower to the point it needs to be.

#22 9 years ago

Glad to see you got it finally.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jamestown, NC
$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doot77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-wh20-slide-brackets-cant-lock?tu=doot77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.