Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by PinballAir
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 days ago

Bought the board a number of years ago and installed with no issues. The game doesn't get used a lot as it always kicks my ass and my attention goes to other games. Recently I fired the machine up and got a credit dot with test message of "clock is broken". When I go into clock test mode some times the hands will go around and other times they don't move at all. If the do move the minute hand is only registering on the 6 & 12 opto, not the 3 & 9. It seems like the hours hand is registering as it may start at 0 and then have a number there after a couple of rounds of the minute hand.

Any thoughts?

#3 9 days ago

If you haven't already I'd try reseating the wire connector. Could have worked its way loose the last game you played or built up a little oxidation.

#4 9 days ago

Reseat connectors.
Then remove the face and clean tge optos with a little alcohol and cotton swab

#5 9 days ago
Quoted from Barr993:

If you haven't already I'd try reseating the wire connector. Could have worked its way loose the last game you played or built up a little oxidation.

Pulled the clock and reset these already.

Thanks

#6 9 days ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Reseat connectors.
Then remove the face and clean tge optos with a little alcohol and cotton swab

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

#7 8 days ago

PBL sells caspers clock board $109. I just installed it in my machine.

#8 7 days ago

Another possibility is an intermittent connection between the wires and IDC. You could run the clock test and put some pressure on the wires to rule that out.

#9 7 days ago

I also found on my clock that the gears had worn with time. Gently pushing the shaft back towards the motor helped the optos register.
I did the yzfguy mod and all registered.
See twilight zone owners club

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Sale Pending!
Belle Chasse, LA
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 75.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside