11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20121012_165226.jpg
#1 11 years ago

My upper flipper stopped working so I took a look and low and behold it has no end of stroke switch or wiring. Is this missing?

IMG_20121012_165226.jpgIMG_20121012_165226.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Check out my window cat eye in the background, nice.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Check out my window cat eye in the background, nice.

That's creepin' me out man.

#4 11 years ago

The eos is not used on an upper flipper on most data east / Sega / stern games. The purpose of eos on these systems is only to send a second high voltage pulse to the coil if its being held up and the ball hits it hard enough to drop it. This is not a concern with an upper flipper in the position so no eos is required. The way these flippers work and eos is explained in every manual since data east.

#5 11 years ago

On my xmen that bracket to the right of th pawl in your pic that is supposed to hit the EOS was banging against something and eventually broke right off. It's that deal with the plastic boot thing riveted to it. Yours looks a bit bent, maybe yours is hanging up there and needs to be adjusted out of the way.

Good luck.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The eos is not used on an upper flipper on most data east / Sega / stern games. The purpose of eos on these systems is only to send a second high voltage pulse to the coil if its being held up and the ball hits it hard enough to drop it. This is not a concern with an upper flipper in the position so no eos is required. The way these flippers work and eos is explained in every manual since data east.

Touché! Makes sense.

#7 11 years ago

Flipper works fine now, I've just never seen one without the end of stroke leaf switch.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The eos is not used on an upper flipper on most data east / Sega / stern games.

I believe the early Spideys shipped with an EOS switch on the upper flipper. Not sure about the later ones.

Quoted from markmon:

The way these flippers work and eos is explained in every manual since data east.

Not surprisingly, the online Tron manual lists an EOS switch for the upper flipper and includes it in the drawing in the blue pages. It even lists a unique dedicated switch. The digital FGY manual correctly has a note that says the upper flipper doesn't require an EOS switch. I suppose folks should be happy they're getting any kind of manual the way Stern is churning out games lately.

2 years later
#9 8 years ago

Great info! Walked the same path with my id4 but now I know how it should be! Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-tron-upper-left-flipper-no-end-of-stroke-switch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.