Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by NiftyLED
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I picked up my Tron Pro last night and got it home, all is well aside from the identity disc not spinning. In tests, the motor relay fires correctly, and the 3-bank target lowers and raises without problem. The disc, however, does not spin. I don't even hear it energize in testing, so either it's not receiving power (unlikely, since the 3-bank is working fine on the same power line), or it's just a dead motor.

Any ideas on how I can further test this? Does Stern provide replacement motors?

#2 11 years ago

Hook up a volt meter to the leads at the motor. See if you actually get power to the motor when you turn it on. If you do, it needs a motor. If you don't, trace back the wiring and see where you're losing the power. Good luck! I love Tron!

1 month later
#3 10 years ago

Did you fix this issue?

4 months later
#4 10 years ago

I have the same issue..it turns out two of the 4 sand resistors on the bottom of the PF had broken leads.

9 months later
#5 9 years ago

Bump to the top! I'm having the same issue. I REALLY don't want to have to spend $210 to replace the assembly from Marco's. I have the same symptoms - relay fires, but motor doesn't spin. Any further ideas of what to test? Also, what is the little christmas light thing next to the connector for this?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

#6 9 years ago

Did you check the resistors as indicated in my post?

#7 9 years ago

If a new one is needed check with pinball life, I think they where a little cheaper.

#8 9 years ago

I may have an extra. I'll check.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I have the same issue..it turns out two of the 4 sand resistors on the bottom of the PF had broken leads.

This turned out to be the fix for me. I ordered the resistors from Stern and they cleared up all of my issues.

#10 9 years ago

Just bumping this thread to post that my problem was also fixed by replacing two of the four 5 ohm 10 watt resistors under the playfield. Thanks, everyone!

#11 9 years ago

Is stern the only place to get the replacements?

1 year later
#13 8 years ago

Hey Guys... resurrecting this thread and hoping for some help!

I'm having the same issue with Tron, changed resistors as mentioned above and still no luck. I've obviously checked fuses and checked the power at the connector (while in test mode) and notice a couple things:

A) Power turns on but then tapers off. I'm working on this for a friend, so I don't know if the Disc Test Mode is supposed to keep power to the motor for the duration of the test button press or if it sends power briefly then stops, regardless of how long you press the button.
B) Power shown on the meter is around 24v then tapers off (again, while in test mode)- is this normal?
C) Power is only registering on my DMM on the 'supply' connector, not on the 'receiving' connector- The receiving connector has the coin/flat capacitor and the christmas light thing. Could either of these be causing issues?

Thanks for any (and all) of the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-tron-pro-disc-motor-doesnt-spin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.