• 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Vanapult
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

switch_matrix_(resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vanapult.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Intermittently, the battlefield drop target will stay down and not come back up. Everything else acts as it should. If I reset the game, the drop target pops back up and works properly until it stops again for indeterminate reasons. Switch and coil both appear to work fine in test. Thanks!

3 weeks later
#18 8 years ago

I reflowed the solder connections to the drop target switch a couple weeks ago, and haven't experienced the problem again since then. Not totally convinced this has permanently solved the problem though. If it comes back again I'll report here. Until then, I'll just focus on my new game resetting issue

1 month later
#22 8 years ago

Update:

Problem came back last night 5 minutes (of course) before our weekly knockout tournament started with a record # of players (36). With only 6 games currently at the location, we need every machine possible working! These things always seem to come up at the least opportune times.

Anyways, I found the diode to the drop target switch had come attached to I quickly soldered it back on, but this did not help. I disabled the mini-playfield to keep the game mostly playable. By the end of the night, the wall drop target had stopped resetting as well.

I also observed that the DMD was ghosting again. Last week I had been having issues with the game resetting, and after going through every step on the pinwiki about resets, finally figured out one of the connectors on my 4-connector ribbon cable was bad through the process of elimination. Several reseats and some wiggling eliminated the ghosting and resets immediately. Note: I had already reseated all the ribbon connectors a couple times which did not reveal the problem! The offending connector had to be reseated several times before it worked correctly. I put an order in for a new ribbon cable.

I never thought to associate the drop target issues with the ribbon cable, and the game had been humming along just fine until that point, so the new cable remained in my tool bag until the end of the night. Dumb! Replaced the ribbon cable with the brand new one and the drop targets immediately began working properly. DMD ghosting was gone again as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vanapult.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-the-shadow-battlefield-drop-target?tu=Vanapult and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.