11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Blackbeard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Guys: trying to fix my High Speed issues. Seems like the issues are with the diagnostics (some times the buttons work.. sometimes they dont) and the fact that upon start up the solenoids all lock and blow the F2 on the power board.

Now here's a little background: my cpu board is a mess. Sent in for repairs, but still acting up. The bottom left corner is burnt (coincidentally the same corner where the diagnostics connector AND the solenoid ground connect).

My guess is that the problems I'm having are attributed to this burnt corner. I think the fuse is blowing at start up because the solenoids aren't grounded.

Is there a way to prove/test this with a MM?

Thanks!

2 months later
    #2 11 years ago

ever figure this out? I just started having an F2 fuse problem on my high speed

#3 11 years ago

Ok i figured mine out. On mine the solenoid plug had a short to ground on pin 7, a red wire. I followed it to the coin door and moved some stuff around and it seems to have taken care of the problem!

#4 11 years ago

I got a reburbished board from k's arcade. Fixed all problems!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-testing-for-ground-at-solenoid-connector-system-11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.