• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

He Addresses the Ball...

Hello Ball ...

Hi all

Lovin this game ALOT !

But have a question, I just noticed the 67 Flashers in the BB panel nor topper function
All flashers work perfect in playfield

Sol 19 20 21 seem to operate those that do not work

I am a Bally Wms guy so used to Flash Bulbs to have a common bulb in playfield associated with back panel

Any idea on how to learn how the GTB system 3 set up is

Thank you

#2 7 years ago

On other system 3 games there is a resistor under the playfield that goes bad and that will stop all flashers. I dont know if there is multiple ones, but it may be worth checking out

#3 7 years ago

Okay so it's a resistor board ?

I am following down from topper to bottom to see what's what

Playfield works

Light box and topper flashers do not

Thank you for your help I will look into that as an option as well

#4 7 years ago

Shooting from the hip here as haven't worked on a Sys 3 in many years, but some of these also have a small board in the backbox for those flashers. Never had a Teed Off, but have seen others like that.

#5 7 years ago

Yes, there is a resistor board, but there is also just a single resistor screwed in the bottom of the playfield. On gladiators its on the right side about two thirds towards the back, on big hurt its on the left side about halfway towards the back. I believe both have yellow wire attached to it

#6 7 years ago

Hi

Yes I pulled the field out entirely and found the 5w 33ohm R1

Would that one resistor cause all this havoc ?

I am placing a parts order tomrrow

Just seemed like it would be all or nothing so I was confused as to why the PF was fine and light box was dead no FL Bulbs w/ GTB referring them to SOL also was confusing

So I'm getting there

Thanks

Any other ideas shoot them this way please

I dig the game if I cannot figure it out really don't care as it's just a few lamps behind the translight

#7 7 years ago

It is all or nothing, so im wondering if there is another resistor seperate for the back box. Ive never worked on this game though. Possibly the resistor board connection? In general ive found system 3 pretty easy to figure out. On my gladiators the resistor under the playfield went out and that made all of the playfield flashers go out, but i think the backbox was still working. Is there a resistor board in the backbox?

#8 7 years ago

I pulled entire PF out

I noted that the topper is not working nor is the light panel behind the BG

The wire trunk goes from panel to cabinet and I think goes right to that Resistor R1 on playfield

The meter reading went all over then 0 etc

But wouldn't the playfield be out to ?

Clays guide is not as in depth as I hoped

#9 7 years ago

Its possible that the playfield goes to a different resistor, or the resistor board. I would swap that out anyways since they are a known issue with system 3. Do you have the schematic?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 24.95
Tools
Magaro Machines
Tools

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-teed-off-67-flashers-bb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.