• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by gearheaddropping
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988
#1 1 year ago

Well, I have a strange one. I have worked out all of the bugs in a Taxi except for one. I just installed a Hard Top and have gone through just about everything in the game.

I having one lingering issue that I just cannot figure out.

After the ball enters the Spin Out ramp and spins to the award, it drops down into the proper trough and the ball kicks out properly into the top three lanes. HOWEVER, I do NOT get the flasher animation or specific sound that would normally played warning the player of the kick out. Again, it does not affect gameplay, but every Taxi I have seen (in person or on YouTube) has this kick-out warning which is a combination of the two flashers and a special sound.

Any ideas?

#2 1 year ago

Perhaps a setting adjustment? Just a guess...
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

Perhaps a setting adjustment? Just a guess...
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

It might be, but I couldn't find it in the manual. I have the game set to Extra Easy. I will try another setting.

#4 1 year ago

All other sounds are working? Does the expected sound play in test? I think I know what you're talking about but I'll need to check on mine tonight. When the ball drops after the spinout, does it kick the ball out right away as normal or does it wait for a ball search?

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from grantopia:

All other sounds are working? Does the expected sound play in test? I think I know what you're talking about but I'll need to check on mine tonight. When the ball drops after the spinout, does it kick the ball out right away as normal or does it wait for a ball search?

I have not checked the sound in test (I will need to match it to a Youtube video). The ball kicks out right away as expected (no ball search). The flasher DOES NOT flash during the kickout either.

Basically, the whole event seems to be missing from the game. Boards are all refreshed and everything else works perfect.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I have not checked the sound in test (I will need to match it to a Youtube video). The ball kicks out right away as expected (no ball search). The flasher DOES NOT flash during the kickout either.
Basically, the whole event seems to be missing from the game. Boards are all refreshed and everything else works perfect.

Interesting. I'll check mine tonight and compare notes.

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Interesting. I'll check mine tonight and compare notes.

I will also check my ROMS. It is a Marilyn version so it is one of the first ones.

#8 1 year ago

I've had the wireform on that spinout switch break at the bend on me twice. Looks like the switch is there but the wire doesn't extend above the playfield.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

I've had the wireform on that spinout switch break at the bend on me twice. Looks like the switch is there but the wire doesn't extend above the playfield.

The wireform is intact and the switch is registering. It really seems like a setting or ROM issue to me, but that's why I'm asking.

#10 1 year ago

So, I yanked out the switch (#43) last night and it is working fine in all of the tests. I don't think its the culprit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 839.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside