6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Andreas
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Hi

Bought a Sinbad project. Got it up and running now but the game acts strange. It starts a game and the scoring is just terrible. Some scores make the chime sound some not, some scores add more to the bonus ladder than what it should and everything seems to go in slowotion on the bonusladder and scoring. I still have the repinn connectors to do and clean switches. One droptarget resets the game so it acts like you just started a new gae .Tried some diffrent driverboards and basiclly the same..one made the playfieldlights flicker alot. When tested everything from start and connected one by one and came to the driverbord connector I did not heare the 2 relays click when booting up, when adding the rest of the cabels to the driverbord it boots up with the 2 relays doing theire sound. I also only have only have 13 cabels on A1-J7, manual says it should be 2 more but when looking on the cord it seems like there has never been any other cabels in the harness.
    So what might cause this? Is a janin all in one card gonna solve this? or is it the crimp connectors that can cause this?

Question 2:
    On my Solarride the right flipper sometimes stay energized when flipped, goes back when pushing left flipperbutton. Change the eos switch to a new one but no diffrent. Also the flipperswitch on the cabinet seems ok.

Question 3:
    Can I use a diffrent bottom board on my sinbad? Can I use one from example countdown or charlies angels? It has diffrent colors on the cabels but looks the same.

Thankfull for help or ideas
    Cheers

#2 6 years ago

ok did somthing bad today so took my janincard all in one in and it
    When I take my all in one bord from another game the sinbad starts up..waits 5 seconds and light up displays. No sound from the game over o tilt relay. When starting a game it says. Cannot drive coil 6. Did coiltest in menue and said that about som other coils to. Any ideas? want to buy another board but not if the game is beyond repair. The coils to the big droptargetbank has 10 ohms and for the single droptargetbank it is 4.5 ohms. Can it be repinning of some connectors in that case what connector..repinned the ones that looked bad.
    Thankfull for help
    cheers

#3 6 years ago

First, repin, repin, repin. Repin everything you haven't already repinned. And give the pcb connector fingers a good cleaning while you have the connectors off.

Second, the odd counting and bonus ghosting? New power supply should fix that. So would the all-in-one. When you tested with that, did you tell it you were putting it into a different game? That would explain the "cannot drive coil 6" depending on which game you had it in. Not sure about the connector cabling.

Third, sticking flipper, the switch might be getting stuck closed on the flipper button, and the coil impact of the left flipper being tripped is enough to shake it free. Clean that button housing and make sure the switch isn't getting hung up when it closes.

Fourth, which bottom board? The driver board in the head should be interchangeable between all 16 System 1 games. If it's the board on the right side under the playfield, that's the sound board, and is only the same between earlier System 1 games that used electronic sound.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks
    I will repinn the rest of the contacts this weekend and have a look. Yeah the janin was on the sinbad mode. The 4 droptarget bank had one of the diods legs of so solder it back, also one of the popbumbers had a loose cabe so solder thatone on to. Thats when the non working coils did happen. I will meassure the ohms again but Im thinking right now that the fuse has gone, will check when coming home.

The bottom bord Im talking about is the one in the cabinet with the trafos

Thank you so much for your answear

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from LynnInDenver:

First, repin, repin, repin. Repin everything you haven't already repinned. And give the pcb connector fingers a good cleaning while you have the connectors off.

Just wanted to note--use a pink rubber eraser to clean them. Don't sand or file them (the material is already fairly thin).

Quoted from LynnInDenver:

Third, sticking flipper, the switch might be getting stuck closed on the flipper button, and the coil impact of the left flipper being tripped is enough to shake it free. Clean that button housing and make sure the switch isn't getting hung up when it closes.

This issue can also be the flipper mechanism itself. I normally rebuild them with new parts.

Quoted from Andreas:

The bottom bord Im talking about is the one in the cabinet with the trafos

No, you don't need to replace that. Most problems can be repaired. Not to mention, it's sometimes difficult to find a working replacement panel anyway.

#6 6 years ago

Awsome.
    Just curios about if its possible to use a diffrent panel from another sys 1 game. Colors on the canles differs but look the same. I got a spare at home.

Did some pinning and got coils to work so the status now is still bad scorings and unlimited scoring on something. One of the popbumpers is truely dead. No action at all and no light, think the fuse blow when the ball touched it but could be somthing else blowing the fuse. But if I dont touch the bumper the fuse is ok. I have a spare bumpercoil and diod. Will try changing that. If that coil works I will put my janin back in there and see if that solves the points problems and delay scoring. Will also continue repinn.
    cheers

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Andreas:

Did some pinning and got coils to work so the status now is still bad scorings and unlimited scoring on something.

Bad scoring and "unlimited" scoring can be from an uneven power supply. I was getting the occasional horrendous "runaway" bonus addups on Solar Ride until I replaced the power supply (which according to the limited diagnostics actually included switch hits from switches that don't physically exist!), and now all I get is the occasional "I think all the drop targets are dropped when they're not". The power supply I was using has at least one bad cap in it, and I just bit the bullet and bought a brand new power supply to replace it with.

#8 6 years ago

Thanx all
    Removed the coil and everything that it hangs to...was melted inside and could not move. Hade a spare and now the game is working. Did test the janincard in and it works like a charm. So even if the powersup gives the right volt its somthing wrong with it. Janin all in one orderd.

thanx for the help

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-system-1-gottlieb-sinbad?hl=lynnindenver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.