(Topic ID: 157468)

Tech: Stern Spider man all playfield lights out.

By mikeflan

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Swoods5688
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

My Stern Spiderman booted up but all playfield lights were out. Checked the fuse for controlled lamps and noticed it was blown. I replaced it, turned on the power, and it blows again. Ouch.

My very low level tech skills are trying to see if its a problem with a short on a playfield lamp or a problem with the board, so I unplug the connectors on the board to controlled lamp rows and columns, power it on, and the fuse still blows. By my thinking, this means the problem is on the board. Correct?

Any ideas where I should go from here?

Thanks-

Mike

1 year later
#2 1 year ago

Reviving a *very* old thread, the culprit was a bad bridge (BR4). These bridges on newer Sterns are a pain to change out; I ended up cutting the legs and then removing the pieces.

Changed out, and all was well again. Hope this helps someone down the line.
Mike

Quoted from mikeflan:

My Stern Spiderman booted up but all playfield lights were out. Checked the fuse for controlled lamps and noticed it was blown. I replaced it, turned on the power, and it blows again. Ouch.
My very low level tech skills are trying to see if its a problem with a short on a playfield lamp or a problem with the board, so I unplug the connectors on the board to controlled lamp rows and columns, power it on, and the fuse still blows. By my thinking, this means the problem is on the board. Correct?
Any ideas where I should go from here?
Thanks-
Mike

1 year later
#3 6 days ago

I just want to say thanks for following up with your solution i recently experienced the same issue so i took a shot and replace the BR4 and tada back up and running saving me tons of diagnostics time

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
5,350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
New Athens, IL

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside