Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by tbmi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tbmi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I just picked up a Space Shuttle that worked when I picked it up. I got it home and powered it up - the GI lights come on, but no displays. In the back box there is an LED with the number "7". Any ideas where to start with this?

Thanks.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from mwsmith:

A 7 indicates no 12 volts to the CPU board or bad game EPROM chips. A connector on the board may need re-seated or the chips re-seated.
But first check that you didn't mix the large black & white playfield connectors (check that the wire colors match up). Mixing those plugs up causes severe damage to the CPU board.

Thanks for the reply. I did not unplug any connectors, so it shouldn't be that. Tomorrow I will try re-seating the connectors and chips as you suggested.

#4 9 years ago

I found out that if you push the right button on the driver board, the displays will come on and it is in test mode. If you scroll through the all of the tests, you can start a game. The sound does not work, but I knew that. Would the sound not working be the cause of the error? Thanks.

#5 9 years ago

I found that it had a bad sound ROM. A new one fixed it.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from tbmi:

I found that it had a bad sound ROM. A new one fixed it.

Well, I thought I had it fixed. The next time I turned it on, I got the code 7 again. I had to press the right button on the driver board again (although the sound does work now). It is doing some weird things like sometimes on the first ball the flippers and coils do not work and when the ball drains, it serves up ball 2 and all is well. Weird!

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from tbmi:

Well, I thought I had it fixed. The next time I turned it on, I got the code 7 again. I had to press the right button on the driver board again (although the sound does work now). It is doing some weird things like sometimes on the first ball the flippers and coils do not work and when the ball drains, it serves up ball 2 and all is well. Weird!

I'm debating trading this Space Shuttle for another machine. The playfield is in very good condition and looks to be clear coated. The cabinet, plastics and translite all look good. It does have a remote battery holder, new game and sound ROMs and I have a new uninstalled ramp that I would include. Once the issue I previously described is fixed, it would be a very nice example.

Open to trade offers - my only other machine is a Shaq Attaq.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

You may want to post your location; that'll help you find local trades. Plus, you may find you have local pinsiders willing to help repair Shuttle. Shuttle is definitely a good game, and worth fixing up and playing for a while.

Ah, thanks for the catch, I forgot. I am in western Michigan, specifically Holland.

#13 9 years ago

It's weird, because if I turn the machine on (after sitting awhile), it gives me the "7" code. If I open the coin door and then press the button the driver board, the machine will work without sound. If I turn the game off and immediately back on, then I the sound comes on and I can play normal games.

#18 9 years ago

Here is the information on it:

grandrapids.craigslist.org link

May also sell it outright but would like to get $1,200 for it.

#19 9 years ago

It appears I may just get the board repaired and hang onto the Space Shuttle. Thanks for all of the interest.

2 weeks later
#21 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I had this issue on mine.
Replacing the sockets fixed it.

It looks like a socket was the culprit. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tbmi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-space-shuttle-does-not-start-up?tu=tbmi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.