(Topic ID: 323897)

Tech: South Park Mr Hanky Coil

By TheCnyPinGuy

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Hi everyone

I just acquired a South Park pinball and I love it but the Mr Hanky assembly was unplugged

So I plugged it in and immediately locked so I turned the game off immediately

The driver board was sent to Chris H and is fully repaired and replaced the bad driver transistor and other items during his services

I am expecting the board back and now I’m nervous about plugging mr hanky back in as I do not know the history or the machine and the Q13 was replaced poorly upon inspection

What should I check on his assembly . everything moves freely

I just don’t wish to damage the newly repaired driver board

Appreciate any help to troubleshoot what would it caused the Q13 to short out

Thanks

#2 1 year ago

A locked on coil doesn’t blow a transistor instantly.
    You have a small window to check things out when locked on.
    To be safe I never let them lock up more then 10 seconds.
    Also check what ever fuse used for that coils wasn’t over fused!
    You should be safe installing everything and turning the machine back on,if the coil locks up,just turn off pin,won’t be any damage to transistor.

#3 1 year ago

Board is back

Tried it out quick and everything works great

Chris is the man !!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-south-park-mr-hanky-coil- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.