You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Above.jpg
Below.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Hi all,

I've had my Addams Family table for about a year now but it's suddenly stopped kicking out the ball/ball out. Not being sure why this happens I entered test mode and tried the solenoid (Ball out/No.4). I found that you can hear the magnetism and see a tiny bit of movement on the spring but it stays closed. Sadly I'm a bit of a pinball rookie in terms of fixing. Nonetheless, in a desperate attempt, I replaced the solenoid in question and it still does the same. I've attached photos in the hope they will show an obvious problem. If anyone knows anything to try/check/fix I would be so thankful!

Chris

Below.jpgBelow.jpg

Above.jpgAbove.jpg

#2 8 years ago

its probably a burnt out transistor on the board that controls that coil. also check your fuses.

#3 8 years ago

If it moves, but just not enough, I'd look for a cracked solder joint on that specific header pin. Otherwise, I'd look for a burnt terminal in the connector.

#4 8 years ago

You can see the plunger is stuck down. The bracket below the spring is missing the screw so that bracket is jacked at an angle and is keeping it from returning.

That's my guess from the picture. May need to take the whole mech out, clean and repair anything that's missing.

#5 8 years ago

It's not electrical. It is a mechanical issue. Mechanism is binding somewhere.
Mushroomed plunger tip could also be the culprit.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

You can see the plunger is stuck down. The bracket below the spring is missing the screw so that bracket is jacked at an angle and is keeping it from returning.
That's my guess from the picture. May need to take the whole mech out, clean and repair anything that's missing.

Good catch on that bracket screw. That could be your answer right there.

#7 8 years ago

Thank you so much for your replies. I've been busy checking all the fuses and the connectors (all seem fine) and I'm embarrassed to report that the issue was indeed the jacked angle of the bracket. The missing screw has now been replaced - good spot - thank you. I cleaned the components as you suggested but bending the bracket back to vertical did it. I had no idea that was wrong! Thank you all so much for your speedy help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 1,159.00
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-solenoid-ball-out-issue-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.