• 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by tbmi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

atlantis.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tbmi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I removed the head from my Atlantis that I recently purchased to move it into the basement and have reattached it (as I've done many times). Upon powering the machine up the first time, everything came on but I started smelling smoke. I found that the component circled below is the culprit as it was extremely hot (it's right above connector J12 on the main board). I double checked my work and everything looks good. Any suggestions on what is causing the issue?

// Error: Image 444141 not found //

**Solved - and I feel like an idiot. I had connector J2 plugged into J12. Ugh! Anyways, everything is working. Hopefully I didn't do too much damage.

atlantis.pdfatlantis.pdf

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

That looks like a lamp SCR??? If you let the magic smoke out, it is probably dead. Might want to take a good look around the PF and get the manual out to make sure whatever that controls is still working.

Yeah, it looks like a handful of lamps are not working. I will replace that 2n5060. What a pain from such a stupid mistake, but on the other hand, it could of been a lot worse.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tbmi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-smoke-after-putting-machine-together?tu=tbmi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.