New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 210222)

TECH: Six Million Dollar Man Center Post Won't Stay Down

By RDReynolds

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by RDReynolds
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Post_BallSave.jpg
IMG_0082 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

Working on a 6MDM, and having an issue where the center post won't stay down. It defaults to being up. I believe a part may be missing on the machine, as best I can tell the coils are firing on it. When the post should go down, it does...for a second or so, then pops right back up. Any ideas? I've attached a photo of the coil assemblies...

IMG_0082 (resized).JPG

#2 2 years ago

Just a guess here. Check the caps on all switches that affect the post being up or down. Should be small lollipop looking devices soldered across the switch. Can be clipped off for free and if one is bad this should fix it. They need replacing anyway.

#3 2 years ago

Maybe @OscarGoldman can help.

#4 2 years ago

Looks to me like your armature bracket is broken/missing:
BTW, whats the cable tie around the coil for?

Post_BallSave.jpg

#5 2 years ago

Yep think you nailed it. Missing parts. Any idea where to get that? Marco has P-7469, but I don’t see a -7 designation anywhere online...

#6 2 years ago

The bracket isn't sitting in the bottom of the cabinet somewhere?

You might have to get creative by grabbing one of the P-7469-x variants and cut a slot in it for the plastic latch armature to lock into at a position that makes the post flush with the playfield when down. Oh, you probably need the spring too "SP-199-28"

1 month later
#7 2 years ago

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help on this. The armature was indeed missing, got that in and it was up and running.

The game is now available to play at The Skyline Drive In in Shelbyville, IN...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 49.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 149.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 9.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside