Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Bazfish
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

Hello, so if you remove CPU ribbon game boots? Is that CPU ribbon in good shape?That could be the issue.Cable Ribbons last a long time but not forever.

#4 3 years ago

Yes that is strange! Do you another board you can put in and see if it will work?Did you check behind the CPU board for any signs of burnt traces?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Bazfish:

Indeed it is sir. Both boards checked with no apparent damage.. very strange. Looks like i will have to start looking deeper! Unfortunatly i do not have another WPC 95 set about. Everything else but none of it "new" stuff

Could it be the DMD itself that’s causing this problem??

#8 3 years ago

Ok how about the DMD controller board in the backbox?is it original or a newer type of board replacement?
Or here’s another idea try reseating the game rom..Do this very gently so you don’t bend or miss a row of pins and while your at it Reseat the sound roms also.Lets see if that might get it

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Bazfish:

Already done.. all apart from the ASIC as modern chips with that many traces scare the proverbial out of me! Looks like i am going to have to get over my fear though as i have found a very interesting repair log which sounds exactly like my problem.. targeting the ASIC as the cause! Stay tuned, will give it a go later as i am supposed to be working finishing up the accounts for my now closed business! Grrrrrr

I’m sorry to hear about your business this whole virus has affected all of us.Let me how it goes with that ASIC and good luck and stay safe my friend.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
£ 39.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-scared-stiff-dmd-booting-problem?tu=pinmike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.