(Topic ID: 194024)

SOLVED: TECH DE Star Wars "0 Balls Missing"???

By RDReynolds

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Sonic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago

F6 on the PS board was blowing upon power up. I simply traced that back through to the PPB and found it was the 32V supply to some flashers as well as 4 coils (drops, outhole, trough & knocker)....once I realized the PS and PPB were good and the problem was coming from the PF or cabinet - I merely removed each wire from J2 on the PPB to see which was causing the problem - the odd thing here is when RD bought the pin it did NOT have a knocker BUT in the cabinet the two coil wires were crimp wire-nutted together (which didn't make sense to me) but it was that way from day 1 and the game had played for months & months prior...I saw this hack from the 1st second we started - but thought well it's always been this way - shouldn't be the problem, but sure enough I cut the wire nut off and low and behold no more fuses blowing, solenoids were firing again (except the knocker, which as already mentioned, not there) and a bank of 4 flashers that RD indicated had never worked - were working again (kind of, but that was a CPU-fried MOSFET problem I still have to get to)...in the end a few hours of schematics review and one swift movement of my dikes and all was good again.

#10 6 years ago

Don't overlook Peter's gift here...those tech charts are f'n brilliant to have...great job Peter - I hadn't seen these before!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-s0-balls-missing?tu=Sonic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.