1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by MNpinGeek
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

It worked great until a few months ago when it decided not to boot up at all when cutting the game on.

Replaced batteries in small board in head of game in the back, and in Nucore computer. pwr on after power failure is set to ON in the BIOS. Still only boots if you push the button located in the head of the game at the front.

Also, since replacing the battery in the Nucore computer, the video in the game is really slow, like frame by frame slow.

Any ideas?

#2 1 year ago

Did you check if your CPU fan is fine?
    Also do you have thermal paste on CPU?
    I don't know Nucore computer components,but if it have separate Video Card on PCI-E/VGA slot it's good to check it's fan and thermal paste too.

#3 1 year ago

I'd get a pinout of the computers ATX? power supply connector and check all voltages. A bad power supply will cause all sorts of funny issues.

If that all checks out good, with the power off, I'd re-seat all main boards, connectors, memory, and the main processor. Make sure you wear an anti-static wrist strap, or somehow discharge yourself first. Static discharge to electronic parts is no bueno.

You could also try a complete system reset if you can even get into the system menu.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside