11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20130323_134536_917.jpg
#1 11 years ago

So, I picked up a Radical! It's pretty messed up, but it'll clean up to a 7.5 - 8 which is fine by me.

One of the many issues is that it's missing the wire gate that keeps the ball from rolling back into the shooter lane. I have the bracket, just not the wire. I looked in the manual and it appears the bracket and wire gate are listed as one part number. However, on Bay Area's site, I found "ball return wire gate." I don't think this is it, but can someone confirm? Link:

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MX-12-6857

So, assuming this isn't it, can someone refresh my memory, or provide opinions on exactly what type of wire to use to make the gate myself? Also, can anyone out there take a picture of what the wire looks like? I'm sure I could rig something to work, but I want it to look original. A bit silly maybe, but hopefully someone can hook me up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#2 11 years ago

If you have to make one. Piano wire, bicycle spoke, stainless steel wire. Lots of options.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Piano wire I think I've heard...try a local hobby/rc/model shop

#4 11 years ago

Cool you found a Radical! Congrats. Here's a pic for ya, hope it helps. I think the link you have from BAA is the ball trough gate, which my game is missing but doesn't need anyway. I can't find one that says specifically that it is for Radical, but this one for F-14 Tomcat looks like the same part.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-6731

IMG_20130323_134536_917.jpgIMG_20130323_134536_917.jpg

#5 11 years ago

Thanks so much for the pic! Looks just like the gate in the right inlane.

Now to find a local place that sells piano wire. I looked on amazon and there was a roll for $3, but I guess there are thicknesses.

Anyone know the thickness? The review said he needed a metal sheer to cut it.

Edit: will this work? I'm a prime member so shipping is free.

http://www.amazon.com/Carbon-Finish-Specifications-Diameter-Precision/dp/B000VYHKO4/ref=sr_1_1

#6 11 years ago

For $2.76 I just grabbed it. I can use my dremel
To cut it if I have to. I figured needle nose pliers for bending. If anyone has any other tips let me know. Thanks!

#7 11 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. I just placed a Marco order so I picked it up as well.... for only a couple bucks maybe it'll work.

Quoted from FlipperMagician:

I can't find one that says specifically that it is for Radical, but this one for F-14 Tomcat looks like the same part.

#8 11 years ago

Flipper.... That is the exact gate. Looks identical and fits perfectly. Thanks!

#9 11 years ago

No worries. For some reason I like the hunt of finding the right parts, even when I'm not the one in need. That gate is one that I'm sure is on tons of games, just not listed in the manual. I had Demo Man apart the other day and noticed almost the same gate, just a bit wider.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-radical-shooter-lane-wire-gate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.