• Latest reply 4 years ago by BigAl56
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6AD8BDA1-6069-4D5B-9F0C-38398FACC4AD (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

I had to replace my switch stack for the right side lower flipper due to heat damage.

I believe I have installed the switches properly. Could someone with a Paragon confirm that the switches I added are properly installed?

I installed a normally open switch along with an EOS Switch.

6AD8BDA1-6069-4D5B-9F0C-38398FACC4AD (resized).jpeg6AD8BDA1-6069-4D5B-9F0C-38398FACC4AD (resized).jpeg

The current issue is that the lower flipper fires fine, but the upper flipper will not hold a cradle and the flip is SUPER weak.

When I manually press the the normally closed switch "tighter", the upper right flipper will fire as expected and hold the cradle.

This works if I press the actual blade on the left side or if I press the plunger link harder on the right side.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Marcus

#2 4 years ago

@TractorDoc is your guy for this one!

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I had to replace my switch stack for the right side lower flipper due to heat damage.
I believe I have installed the switches properly. Could someone with a Paragon confirm that the switches I added are properly installed?
I installed a normally open switch along with an EOS Switch.
[quoted image]
The current issue is that the lower flipper fires fine, but the upper flipper will not hold a cradle and the flip is SUPER weak.
When I manually press the the normally closed switch "tighter", the upper right flipper will fire as expected and hold the cradle.
This works if I press the actual blade on the left side or if I press the plunger link harder on the right side.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Marcus

The Normally Closed switch is the eos for the lower flipper.

The Normally Open switch provides the power to your upper flipper, but not until the lower flipper is at the end of its stroke.

It is set up to provide maximum power to each flipper sequentially instead of both at the same time which would make them both a bit weaker.

Did you reconnect zactly as it was before?

If it works when you manually close the normally open switch then it’s probably hooked up ok.

Move the flipper manually (not just closing the switch)

The normally closed should open completely (so all power goes to upper flipper) and the normally open should close completely (so there’s no resistance to decrease power to upper flipper)

You may just need to adjust them (bend slightly) to get that to happen. In the stack there are usually harder metal pieces that are already bent for each switch. You adjust the amount of bend to control the gap width and ensure full opening and closing of the switches. Maybe not on Bally’s so you may need to bend the lead switches themselves a bit... I’d need to check mine to see if they have them.

Also assuming you didn’t change the eos switch on the upper flipper too? If you did then it may also be the problem and need to be adjusted.

It’s all about the gaps!

#4 4 years ago

From picture it doesn’t look like you have the extra metal bar to adjust the switch in your stack.

Slightly bend the left most piece inwards to make the gap on the normally open a bit smaller... but not so much that it is closed before the other switch is fully open.

Also check with you press the button that there is no electrical arcing on either switch when engaged (ie closed is fully closed with no arcing, and open is fully open with no arcing.

#5 4 years ago

Be sure to burnish your switch contacts. New switches are notorious for making poor connections in high current applications.

#6 4 years ago

Check the EOS on the upper flipper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-paragon?hl=srcdube and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.