(Topic ID: 117868)

Tech: No feature lights on Strikes and Spares(Bally)

By shirkle

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by shirkle
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jknpa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 9 years ago

No...... As far as I know, the wire# only refers to the wire for that particular board.
One board being A5, the other being A3.
The "returns' are switched outputs from the above boards.
* I know its confusing; normally you don't have the same wire# repeated on a schematic.
** If you have multiple 'Feature lights' Out......... you are most likely missing the 'Hot' side not the 'switched ' Return.
*** If you are missing one coil ( Left slingshot), you are probably just missing the 'Return' signal
wire #85 from A3J5-15....... @ Q10,U3 output circuit.
@ You can check the coil by just tapping the return terminal on the coil to the Ground braid in the bottom of the cabinet. There s/b a small black wire on the Return lug of the coil.
Just my opinion........... I've been wrong before!

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Validpowerdetect:

85 refers to the COLOR of that particulare wire. In this case, 8=black, and 5= white. ie, a black wire with a white stripe. The A3J5-15 tells you where the wire goes. A3=Sol Driver board, J5=jack no5, 15=pin 15.
You can find the wire color code on the backbox/ interconnecting diagram, in a small box, at the bottom.

OK..... Thank you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 10.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 10.00
$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jknpa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-no-feature-lights-on-strikes-and-sparesbally?tu=jknpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.