(Topic ID: 24055)

TECH: No Fear - "c accel sw. stuck" error.

By Betelgeuse

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Atomicboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I am in the process of shopping out a No Fear. When I boot the game I get a test error that displays this message. I have read some old rgp posts where people had the same problem, but nobody had a solution. I can't actually find anything wrong. I believe this is related to an opto in the ramps, but they all seem to be functioning in the switch test. Some folks suggested it may be something with the roms. I am running 2.3 a. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

-Brian

#2 11 years ago

I don't have a no fear. But here is how I'd handle it. Open the manual. Find that switch number in the switch matrix chart. Go to switch edge test. Is the switch stuck on? Verify you can toggle the switch with your hand.

Remember, the CPU only knows switches. These are the game's input as to the game's state. So to get this error, the game senses this switch is stuck on or won't toggle. You should be able to solve it based on that I would think.

#3 11 years ago

Sure, except that it doesn't list a switch number in the error msg and no switch has a name even remotely similar... I have not been able to find any 'stuck' switches or optos in the ramp area.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Sure, except that it doesn't list a switch number in the error msg and no switch has a name even remotely similar... I have not been able to find any 'stuck' switches or optos in the ramp area.

then test every switch in the switch matrix chart.

#5 11 years ago

hmmm... the error message went away.

#6 11 years ago

The center opto on the ramp, above the center magnet, was not working. Could be dirty, could be a bad connector, could be flaky

#7 11 years ago

Thanks, John! It must be flaky or dirty as I had no problems with the ramp optos in test before and now the error is gone. I'll check that one more closely.

#8 11 years ago

Hold up! If it's flaky and you are shopping it, rectify this now. I'm also in the middle of a shop, and I just removed the magnets to reflow all the optos, as one will need it sooner or later with the vibration in that area, and they are a ROYAL PITA to get to.

Clean them, reflow the optos, then before putting anything else on, test them to make sure all in good. If you don't, the error will likely come back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-no-fear-c-accel-sw-stuck-error and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.