(Topic ID: 97874)

TECH: NBAFB HELP! ShotClock/Defender Situation.

By PinJer

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Poopiehead
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinjer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

My defender and shock clock seem to be connected to one another. I had just finished a game, in which both the shot clock and defender had not moved, then for about 5 seconds both the defender was moving AND the shot clock was working in "attract" mode. It then all quit working yet again and have not had either of them budge ever since… Is this a shortage or a bad solder job on the board? Any NBA owners left out there that could help?

#4 9 years ago

westofrome- i definitely would but i only have one. i just noticed it says i have two. lol i apologize. kbliznick - keep me posted my good man. its as if they both flicker randomly and quit?

#6 9 years ago

i thought i spotted a questionable weak solder this morning on what i think is the driver board (just to the right of the motor/swingarm?) that looked like it could use some a quick fix? Do they still make these driver boards?
I appreciate all the feedback gentleman, its good knowing the machines werent all broken down and sold for parts... lol

#7 9 years ago

I just purchased a new board from the australian parts site and it could be one of the best under $40 pinball purchase I have made in a while.... but we'll see if that will fix it.

#9 9 years ago

shit...

#11 9 years ago

I have learned so much from this machine and it has added a couple gray hairs too, but hoping it is nothing too crazy. $309 from Australia for a board is a bit much for a clock and defender issue. Is there a specific area I should be looking at when I get home and start sifting through the board? Can I plug into the J110 extra outputs or look for a bad solder? Like I said, it worked for 5 seconds this morning and then both died on me again? I am hoping its just a loose wire or a connection issue and not a fried chip or diode. My rookie skills cant handle much more. lol

#13 9 years ago

Haha I appreciate all of the great insight you shared. I thank you again. I attempted to check everything tonight, it is all good and but I noticed when I play a game, the right loop diverter hums and continues to power and stay up much longer than before. Almost to the point of annoying. You can feel the power it is over bearing but I shot the ball in a test game up at it, the power let loose and the shot clock and defender turned on! As well as the magnet.Problem was, when I was finished with in the paint mode, it all quit again...

I am becoming almost irritated at this game. It takes up way too much of my time trying to fix this problem.

#14 9 years ago

Game Clock and Defender are still not responding. The diverter under the launch ramp always is humming… Just seeing if anyone else may have a suggestion before I buy a $300 board. :/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinjer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-nbafb-help-shotclockdefender-situation?tu=pinjer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.