TECH: NASCAR Left Ramp Trouble

By Noahs_Arcade

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi,

The spinning car behind the left ramp (hauler) is giving me trouble. It seems to spin fine in normal play, but once locks are qualified, it will stop in a position that blocks the ball lock shot.

I never gave it a second thought until now, thinking it just spun the whole time during gameplay. Upon closer examination, it seems to spin continuously sometimes, pause sometimes, and advance on particular shots.

Does anyone know the correct programmed operation of it, or have any insight to this problem? I'm about to tear the grass out of my infield.

#2 8 years ago

I've tried a few shots to time it with the last R-A-C-E shot. Seems like it's always at the front or back of the car, but always blocking the shot, and likely the optical sensor. I'll start there.

#3 8 years ago

Noah, I posted a video on my YouTube site a while back. Its a bit bright back by the rotating car, but if you watch the video full screen you can see when the car spins or does not. I had to change the optics also at one time. My car seems like it works fine now. Check out the video to see when it spins or doesnt. If you need more info give me a shout.

www.PinballSupernova.com

Lee

#4 8 years ago

Seems normal. It should stop spinning to block a shot to lock balls. That's the only time it should stop and block the shot.

#5 8 years ago

after the race collected the locks will lite on the left ramp and the hauler car should block the ramp so the first 2 balls will roll off to left side of the ramp and lock up, an ball when the first 2 locked the hauler will move unblocking the ramp to let the ball shoot through to start multiball.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

after the race collected the locks will lite on the left ramp and the hauler car should block the ramp so the first 2 balls will roll off to left side of the ramp and lock up, an ball when the first 2 locked the hauler will move unblocking the ramp to let the ball shoot through to start multiball.

This. Just to be clear: Once lock is qualified, the rotating car will not rotate and be set to block to let you lock two balls. For the third ball, the rotating car will move to open the path "into" the hauler to start multiball. It will stay open until you start multiball.

#7 8 years ago

Thanks, guys. In that case, it seems the car is working correctly and the playfield lock optos are the ones not working

1 week later
#8 8 years ago

It was a loose wire on an opto, but not the one I expected. It was the opto at the top of the left ramp.

Thanks for the help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-nascar-left-ramp-trouble and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.