• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
IMG_2722.JPG
#1 11 years ago

So my new MM with clear coated PF plays like a rocket.

1. However, because of this as the ball loops around the left ramp to connect to the wireform, it normally jumps off the track back into the Playfield. Anyone ever experience this? (Ramps are new as well if that has anything to do with it)

2. My catapult is really weak (as in, barely makes it up the wireform and then just rolls down the left ramp entrance). From the looks of it the coil is new so I don't think it's the typical coil sleeve / dirty coil issue?

#2 11 years ago

Also, can someone take a pic of their MM where the wireform meets the left ramp? I want to make sure this was all re-assembled correctly (specifically the post with spacer that holds the wireform down right there where the ramp connects with it)

#3 11 years ago

I'll do it right now train... call my cell.

#4 11 years ago

Does this help ?

IMG_2722.JPGIMG_2722.JPG

#5 11 years ago

Congrats on mm, it's a badass game. Add a shaker and some coin taker untrabrites and its like a different game all together.

#6 11 years ago

Games like that are just meant to be looked at...not played..didn't you know that?? /end sarcasm

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Also, can someone take a pic of their MM where the wireform meets the left ramp? I want to make sure this was all re-assembled correctly (specifically the post with spacer that holds the wireform down right there where the ramp connects with it)

I have two small washers under screw that holds wireform near where it meets left ramp at Merlin hole. Otherwise it's not level and ball jumps as you were saying. If u need me to talk u thru it PM me and I give u my #. not sure about weak catapult issue

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

I have two small washers under screw that holds wireform near where it meets left ramp at Merlin hole. Otherwise it's not level and ball jumps as you were saying. If u need me to talk u thru it PM me and I give u my #. not sure about weak catapult issue

And the weird part is mine doesn't have any washers and doesn't jump.

#9 11 years ago

Thanks for all the help guys!

I will try and add a few washers for the ball jump issue later and report back

Thanks for your help as well Alex!

#10 11 years ago

You are very welcome. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I'll send you pics of that stuff im doing to the machine before i post them publicly.

#11 11 years ago

Fattrain, I also had to add two washers between the wireform and the hex post near Merlin. When I added the Pinbits plastic protector under the plastic left of Merlin, the ball would hit the red mini-post that was right under the wireform, causing it to jump off. Was the catapult assembly rebuilt? Proper coil stop and plunger are important. Wally

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

Fattrain, I also had to add two washers between the wireform and the hex post near Merlin. When I added the Pinbits plastic protector under the plastic left of Merlin, the ball would hit the red mini-post that was right under the wireform, causing it to jump off. Was the catapult assembly rebuilt? Proper coil stop and plunger are important. Wally

1. I am actually going to look further into this to see if it could possibly be hitting that red mini-post.

2. Has anyone who has a shaker installed on their MM ever had the weak catapult problem??? I noticed an extra wire coming out of the molex connector to the catapult and it looks like it goes to the shaker motor. (maybe its activating at the same time the coil fires and pulling too much voltage?)

#13 11 years ago

the shaker catapult is plug and play, take a pic of yours and I'll compare it to mine.

#14 11 years ago

Hey McCune, you dump that TURD I picked up and paid for you yet ?

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

1. However, because of this as the ball loops around the left ramp to connect to the wireform, it normally jumps off the track back into the Playfield. Anyone ever experience this? (Ramps are new as well if that has anything to do with it)

I have the exact same thing going on with my MM. Weaker flipper coils were installed to try to cut down on the overall speed. I cut down the red mini post. Even had the wireform changed. The ball still rolls off when a fast shot is hit up the left ramp. I will try the washers and see if that corrects the issue.

Thanks, Brad

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

2. My catapult is really weak (as in, barely makes it up the wireform and then just rolls down the left ramp entrance). From the looks of it the coil is new so I don't think it's the typical coil sleeve / dirty coil issue?

Look at where the ball goes into it. Does it kind of roll into it or have you gotten a flat spot from the ball hitting into it. If so you need to carefully bend it.

And clean it and wax it where the ball travels.

LTG

#17 11 years ago

Justin,

I will be back in town fri. I have to drop off your lockdown bar and parts, and can take a look..

#18 11 years ago

I put in weaker flipper coils with a new PF CC for the same reasons, plus too many air balls bouncing off stuff. Regarding the catapult. Could be bad linkages or the wrong coil installed....it should whip around the ramps at a good speed when launched.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

mine did this all the time. I just made a small brake for the ball using a few cable ties, not noticeable and an easy fix

7 months later
#20 10 years ago

Bumping to explain problem and solution. I got a hold of the maker of the re-pro ramps that were put on mine and he had spent time on this exact issue.

Essentially what was happening is that the ball would shoot around the left ramp so hard that it would ride the outside of the wall and not make a smooth transition to the wire form.

The fix:
As scary as it was, you have to remove the ramp and hit it with a heat gun to re-shape the ramp and bend in the outside wall of the ramp. We did two different passes & test fits but now it runs around the ramp to the wireworms perfect!! (I mean I cannot get this thing going fast enough to jump it). Very satisfied with the results.

Even though it doesn't look noticeably bad or anything, here's a pic before we started the re-shaping process. As you can see it doesn't look to bowed out but it was definitely enough to make the ball miss the track

image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-mm-two-adjustment-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.