Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pivot-base_(resized).jpg
castle_(resized).jpg
Castle_Tower_Mod_005.JPG
CIMG4870.JPG
CIMG7097.JPG
photo.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drshaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 7 years ago

Sorry to resurrect this old thread. I just picked up a MM and my back left tower is leaning left like others have described here and wondered if the advise in this thread was still the best way to go. I'm not super handy and don't really want to take apart the entire castle and I don't think I know how to replace the pivots or pins, but just gluing on some nickels seems a little dodgy.

Also, the back right tower looks like it broke off about 1.5 inches up from the base. Almost got cut in half. Looks like the previous owner tried to glue it back and that didn't work. I see you can buy part 31-2827 which looks to be the right size of this tower itself.. but how do you affix it to the black sub assembly (where the spring is). I don't see any screws? Do you just wedge it on to the part (03-9815.2) and if so, can I do it without disassembling? Seems like without affixing it to the exploding castle base the tower would just go flying off when you beat a castle.

Thanks in advance.

#23 7 years ago

To simplify my question, my back right tower is cut in half. Is it possible to attach the castle tower (pic attached):

to the castle lower base (pic attached):

I also need to remove the old castle bottom half that is cut in half but still attached from that lower base assembly circle. The stationary tower is removable very easily, but the ones that are attached to the exploding portion of the castle aren't coming off and I'm afraid to pull too hard.

I can't find any parts store online that is selling the parts already molded together.

castle_(resized).jpgcastle_(resized).jpg
pivot-base_(resized).jpgpivot-base_(resized).jpg

*UPDATE FOR POSTERITY*
The previous owner must have glued on the old castle tower to the lower base. Removing the castle completely gave me enough leverage to remove the broken castle base and install a new one. After about 10 castle explosions, the back right castle tower came off again (kind of cool, given the game's theme). I re attached it to the base one last time using double sided, thin, tape on the interior lining wall of the tower itself. Hasn't come off since but if it does, I'll probably go the glue route myself to keep it on.

As for the leaning tower, we drilled a hole through the black lower assembly like a previous poster, and attached another spring to keep it straight. So it's basically like the other 3 small towers with its own spring.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drshaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-mm-leaning-left-tower?tu=drshaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.