Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by LOTR_breath
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

The last few times I have played my Metallica Premium, every few games, during one of the balls, for no known reason, the flippers will die and the game goes into end of ball mode, adding up the bonus scoring, etc., but the ball has not yet drained. Once this happens, the ball drains as all the switches, bumpers, etc. are inactivated. I am not sure why the game is sensing like I drained the ball when I haven't. I assume there is some switch that is triggering this but don't have a clue what it could be and it is so random, it has been impossible to replicate. Any ideas what could be causing this issue?

#2 5 years ago

My Tron just did that the other day, I assume it's a faulty switch down under the apron where it drains but I haven't had time to mess with it.

#3 5 years ago

It's the board for the ball trough. There's 2 pin connectors connected to this board which is located right where the balls release into the shooter lane (under the playfield). Reseat these connectors and you should be good. It's common in all sterns. Moving games and/or shaker motor will cause it. You can ever so lightly bend one of the pins a fragment of a butthair outward for a more secure connection but really all you need to do is take out the connector and firmly seat it back into place.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It's common in all sterns.

I figured my problem was the same as his, thanks for the tip.

#5 5 years ago

My METLE did the same thing a few weeks back. Happened to me and a few others that were playing it. I did the same thing and reseated the connectors and it hasn't re-occurred. Try that and you should be fine.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Reseat these connectors and you should be good. It's common in all sterns.

^^^^^^^
Worked for me too.

#7 5 years ago

+1. For suggested fix. Has worked for me a few times on both TFLE (both troughs) and met pro.

I wonder, has anyone tried a dab of hot glue on the connectors to keep the snug?

3 weeks later
#8 5 years ago

Thanks Eskaybee!

Worked for me on Metallica...really appreciate it! Been a few weeks and problem has not returned!

#9 5 years ago

FWIW seating the connector didn't fix mine, but I reflowed the solder on the board and that seemed to do it.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It's the board for the ball trough. There's 2 pin connectors connected to this board which is located right where the balls release into the shooter lane (under the playfield). Reseat these connectors and you should be good. It's common in all sterns. Moving games and/or shaker motor will cause it. You can ever so lightly bend one of the pins a fragment of a butthair outward for a more secure connection but really all you need to do is take out the connector and firmly seat it back into place.

Had this issue in Metallica & ac/dc. Reseating connector fixed it. Thanks

#11 5 years ago

A fragment of a butthair....LOL!

1 month later
#12 5 years ago

My MetLE just started doing this. Thanks for the suggestion Eskaybee. Hopefully that will take care of it.

3 weeks later
#13 5 years ago

If you get a really troublesome one you might want to replace the pair. Only $14.95 from PBL. What I have run into one time in the past was that the lead inside the LED was broken. Yes, I know you could just replace the individual LED but this is simpler and rules out all components.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1364

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Machine - For Sale
Emerald Hills, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 199.99
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside