Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by centerflank
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Try to be concise here. Rt flipper on metpro blew a fuse. Replaced with correct fuse and immediately blew again when machine turned on. When turning on flipper "ran itself" once while blowing that fuse. Replaced with WRONG fuse 7a vs 3a. (Oops) when turning on machine that time it fried the coil. Smoke. Odor. Etc. Coil sleeve nearly stuck but I can maneuver it out.
Bought new coil and fuses. Before I start replacing it all is there anything I should be checking before I turn games on so I don't smoke another coil?

Thanks

#2 6 years ago

I'd replace the bad transistor that caused the start of this.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

Oh crap. Really, Lloyd? Is that what I am up against? I know you are a go to guy. Is there ANY chance you could be wrong??? Lol. Crap

#4 6 years ago

I guess the good news is that I am not so pissed that the game didn't update now...since it is unplayable.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from jbrady65tv:

Is there ANY chance you could be wrong???

Hell yes. It would be conceited to think any one person is perfect or knows everything.

Easy to pull the board and with a meter check the transistor that is shorted and compare readings to other ones nearby that aren't shorted. And as long as you have the board out replace it.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hell yes. It would be conceited to think any one person is perfect or knows everything.
Easy to pull the board and with a meter check the transistor that is shorted and compare readings to other ones nearby that aren't shorted. And as long as you have the board out replace it.

Since I want to make sure we are reading each other right I will add I meant no offense with my question, I just can't see well enough to solder on a board!

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from jbrady65tv:

Since I want to make sure we are reading each other right I will add I meant no offense with my question, I just can't see sell enough to solder on a board!

No offense taken.

Anyone local that can assist you with the repair ?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Anyone local that can assist you with the repair ?

Yep. Probably not this weekend but that's my problem! Thanks for helping not blow another coil!

BTW, was this just 'one of those thing" or did I possibly do something wrong with the machine? My grand kids were playing and they have a tendency to um....hit the flippers more than needed...

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from jbrady65tv:

BTW, was this just 'one of those thing" or did I possibly do something wrong with the machine? My grand kids were playing and they have a tendency to um....hit the flippers more than needed...

Crap happens. they are made for commercial ( flipper banging ) use. Nothing anybody did other than the big bad transistor that failed and did the rest.

#10 6 years ago

You're the man Lloyd. Thanks for taking your precious time to help us all out.
I for one learn a lot from reading posts like this.

You, my friend, are a wealth of pinball knowledge.

#11 6 years ago

Definitely train the grandkids to not machine gun the flippers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
5,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 26.50
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside