Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by CookyJar
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I'm having a problem with one of the LED lights on my LOTR, the light either flickers or is completely off. It's one of the white elf LEDs on the ring LED light board towards the bottom of the playfield.

I've checked the ends of both connectors and they seem fine, also visually checked the LED board for any broken traces and I didn't see any. Could the LED just be going bad or is it something else? Thanks for any help.

-Stephen

#2 10 years ago

Reflow the solder on it, see if it improves.

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

One of the white bulbs on my board starting flickering years ago and finally went out a few months after. I went to radio shack and found an LED bulb that was the same size for less than a dollar from what I remember. Changing it out was a breeze.

#4 10 years ago

Thanks for the tips, will try to reflow first. If that doesn't work I'll go for the new LED bulb. Any chance you remember the part number from radio shack?

2 weeks later
#5 10 years ago

Trying to replace the White (Elf ring) LED, does anyone know the specific type of LED it is? I found a similar LED at Radio Shack, but I'm not sure of the voltage on the originals. Can't find it listed in the manual.

#6 10 years ago

Sorry I didn't see your reply from before. I just looked for the bulb that was the same size and white. Are there different choices in voltage for those size LEDs? The radio shack on my island is very limited, so I had just one choice for a led of that size and color, and it worked perfectly.

#7 10 years ago

One of my friends who does board repair said to check the voltage on the LED so I don't fry the board. The LEDs that I found at my Radio shack appear to be the same size and color as well, the supply voltage says 3.3V - 3.6V (max). Just trying to play it safe before doing the repair.

Here's a link to the LED that I bought, is this the same that you used?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3060980

#8 10 years ago

Yeah, I'm almost positive that was the pack I picked up. I can't remember how long I've had the thing installed for, but I've had no issues with the board ever since I put that LED in it.

#9 10 years ago

Excellent! Thanks for the info, going to try soldering it in sometime this week.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 12.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-lotr-ring-led-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.