Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
2012-11-16_11.29.24.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I picked up a Monopoly recently and the start button is a solid colored, not lit up button. I had a 2nd edition harley a while back as well and put in a clear button in it with a light behind it or something.

I did notice there are a few sets of wires in the start button area that are taped up, like from the factory. Is there a way to tie these wires into light so it functions when game is credited up?

#2 11 years ago

Dig out your manual, check the lamp matrix - if your start button is supported in software, the wire colors used will be on your lamp matrix.

If there, find the two wires and hook them to the light bulb socket.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Dig out your manual, check the lamp matrix - if your start button is supported in software, the wire colors used will be on your lamp matrix.
If there, find the two wires and hook them to the light bulb socket.
LTG : )

Don't forget the diode. It is likely a controlled lamp which is part of the lamp matrix that requires a diode.

#4 11 years ago

Digging thrugh the manual I didn't see the start button listed in the lamp matrix,but I will keep digging.

Sidenote, the manual is really disorganized and messy it seems. Idk if it is layout, pics etc. Just my opinion.

Perhaps time for trial and error as well!

I will do some testing and get back with results

#5 11 years ago

Thanks for the replies!

So, I checked manual and no start button referenced in the lamp matrix anywhere. I googled around just in case and found nothing as well.

The other two wires (listed in pic below) re actually listed in switch matrix as 4th coin slot.

So, it looks like Monopoly has no lit start button to go with credits.

Thanks again!

2012-11-16_11.29.24.jpg2012-11-16_11.29.24.jpg

9 years later
#6 2 years ago

Revisiting this post as I have just picked up a Monopoly myself and it drives me nuts to see it in a lineup with other pins and be the only one not flashing lit for the start button. I am not looking to give up on this.

Two questions -

1. If there is no dedicated light matrix connection to make it flash, is there another place I could connect to that also flashes when ready to start? If not, couldn't I at least connect it to a GI connection to make it light up?

2. If either of the above works, does anyone know what button will fit that hole that has an LED on it? I saw the reference to Harley Davidson above, would that part fit?

#7 2 years ago

Looks like this one will fit the hole and work if I can find a lamp connection? Anyone have feedback?

500-6388-44-red

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-lighted-start-button-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.