(Topic ID: 69713)

TECH: KISS Pin Sound Board 2518-50 DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

By wildinindiana

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by JBK
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wildinindiana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Alright, I picked up a KISS a while back and have been rebuilding it... I got down to the Sound Board issue, ie it had no sound at all. So I ordered one, it had been re-caped and put on a test rig and tested "good". I got it and upon inspection, I saw most of the pins had cracked solder joints, so I re-flowed the board. Then installed jumper, R28 and C22. It worked great for about a week. Then the sounds started going wonkey. Honestly I figured it was because of the deplorable condition of the "good" board when I got it. Maybe it had other issues. So I utilized the return policy, and since most of the solder joints were badly cracked, they had no problem. Anyway, they sent me a new board that they paid much more attention to and it looked good. Corrected jumper again and R28 C22, everything great. AGAIN AFTER A WEEK SAME THING!!! Could really use some help... Thank You

#2 10 years ago

Also, it has an alltek MPU installed... If that makes any difference.

#4 10 years ago

I have inspected and reseated all of the connectors to no avail... I will have to check the speaker for impedance, I really didn't think of that one because it looks to be the original speaker. Should it be 4 or 8 ohm.

#5 10 years ago

Yes, just to make sure, I checked the speaker and it is the 8 ohm speaker which is the correct impedance....

#8 10 years ago

No volume control on the door, but I am checking the voltage, but I believe it was correct when I checked it some time ago...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.98
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clermont, FL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wildinindiana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-kiss-pin-sound-board-2518-50-driving-me-nuts?tu=wildinindiana and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.