(Topic ID: 34259)

TECH: JD- Giving two balls after 1st multiball lock.

By flipper_fever76

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by mcjeremy42
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I knew the day would come...I've had my JD (w/DW mod) for about 4 months now and it's been running great, no issues at all. When researching this game initially I read alot about opto issues and problems in general but figured it would be a good learning experience if something cropped up. Noticed yesterday that JD was kicking out two balls at the beginning of the start of a ball. There was a ball on the DW ring so I pulled the glass and retrieved it, all seemed well, only one ball issued at the start of each ball. Alas, once I enabled MB and locked the 1st ball it started doing it again. I was going through the switch tests but not sure how to check the DW opto's. Anyone who might have seen this issue before or has a suggestion feel free to chime in. I'm going to look under the playfield and see about maybe cleaning the DW opto's. Thanks for any help.

Wayne

#2 11 years ago

So after some digging, it's a problem w/ the trough switch for ball #5. There is a really ugly hack on the trough board for this LED. I'll reflow it and see if that does the trick. Think for long term i'll try and locate a set of the rottendog trough pcbs I've heard about. If someone knows of a place/pn where i can order a set please let me know.

Thanks.

#3 11 years ago

Occasionally mine will lose track of the balls in play.....a simple reset (off/on) has fixed the issue so far.

#4 11 years ago

I would recommend the trough opto boards from Great Lakes Modular.
http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/

#5 11 years ago

Thanks for the link HYS. I pulled the board last night and found the resistor for ball #5 had a broken leg, the board has had some issues in the past it looks like. I'll order up a new set of boards, thanks again.

#6 11 years ago

Also, play a SuperGame every 15 games or so. Uses all trough balls when you get the multiball, and clears a common credit dot. I can also recommend the GLM opto boards. Just make sure they are screwed down snug...drove me buggy for a few games because I needed a right angle screwdriver to fully tighten a couple of hard to get screws!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-jd-giving-two-balls-after-1st-multiball-lock and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.