Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Gerry
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Just got done super shopping this game was running perfect now nothing the only thing that I did was put it on my Wico Pinball Cart and moved from one room to another and wondering if there's a switch under the main board on the bottom of that game and I may have pinched it shut or something rang all the fuses check the cord for continuity got zapped on the bottom board touching one of the slam switchers while holding the coin door I don't know what's wrong Any help would be appreciated I am at a loss here

#2 10 years ago

Older machines like that are turned off by a slam switch located in the bottom of the cabinet. No external button as such.

#3 10 years ago

Yes that I know. I plug it in and nothing. Add credits whatever nothing. No GI not a peep when I push the game start button and nothing. Could I ave picked the bottom slam ? Is it under the bottom board between the base board and the bottom of the cab ? Or are they all accessible with lifting the PF ?
I moved the score motor by hand. Nothing. Actuated all relays by hand. Nothing.

#4 10 years ago

Monkey Bump.

#5 10 years ago

Is it still sitting on the cart?

The knockoff switch is mounted on the bottom cabinet board, and is a metal shaft mounted in a nylon bushing (same as a flipper bushing). Above it is a switch pair. When the metal shaft pushes up (usually from slapping the bottom of the cabinet underneath), it opens the switch and turns off the power.

If the game is still sitting on the cart, it's possible it's pushing up the metal shaft enough to open that switch, cutting all power to the game.

#6 10 years ago

nope not on the cart, but i wonder if the switch is stuck....

I will be gone all day today picking up a pin, and last night was the annual snowmoblie party at my buds house, so i didnt get to look at it more...

I will dive deeper later when i get home..thanks Dirt..

#7 10 years ago

The problem is that Wico cart Good luck Gerry

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from drgnlair:

The problem is that Wico cart Good luck Gerry

Your up already ? figured you'd be sleepin still...

#9 10 years ago

Phuckin, EM's ! LOL

#10 10 years ago

Plunger Switch, on the bottom of the cab, bent the switch up and open...

= no start...

fixed...

thanks guys !

#11 10 years ago

Those pinball carts are a hazard to knockoff switches.

Congrats on getting it fixed!

#12 10 years ago

yes they is !

#13 10 years ago

Had the same thing happen yesterday. Only mine was caused by a 4 year old who thought is was cool to lay under the game and start kicking it.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

Had the same thing happen yesterday. Only mine was caused by a 4 year old who thought is was cool to lay under the game and start kicking it.

That will happen too..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-hurdy-gurdy-ran-perfect-now-nothing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.