Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by EEE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I have a friends High Speed that has not been turned on for a few months. I turned it on last night and none of the displays lit up. I noticed that an incorrect fuse was installed in F1 and it was burned, so I replaced it with the correct 1/4 amp 250 fuse and it burned as soon as I turned the machine back on.

Three months ago, the displays were all fine.

The machine plays fine, however.

Any suggestions on where to start?

#2 12 years ago

Hope you can find out whats causing the displays not to work. i'am sure you done the obvious so i wont mention them. But, from my understanding is if a fuse is always blowing out then theres gotta be something touching each other causing that to happen (metal to metal). HS is my favorite and only pin ( 4 years now) currently, so i hope you get yours playing 100% soon. Still alot better player then alot of those DMD pins.

#3 12 years ago

The problem is on the power supply board and the displays must have +100V and -100V for the displays to work.Is the connector on the power supply burnt?The F1 fuse is blowing because diode D4 (1n4004) is shorted,You can test that diode with your meter(Meter set to diode setting).Also,100 volt 1n4764 zener diode and the MJE15031 transistor and 39k resistor are suspects.

2 weeks later
#4 12 years ago

I am hoping for a little more direction on this. It seemed that ZR2 was bad, and I replaced all of the components that pinmike suggested, without solving the problem.

I also tested what happens if I don't make all the connections, and found that the problem continued. The ones I connected were 3j1, 3j2, 3j7 and 3j8.

Turned on the machine and the fuse blew again.

Any suggestions given the above?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-high-speed-displays-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.