(Topic ID: 303962)

Tech Help WPC display

By IdahoRealtor

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2598 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

Garbled display on my dad's TZ. It's like this upon power up, so unable to run any tests on the display, such as Display Test, to see if the ram checks out ok.

I am 450 miles away, so I can't pop by anytime soon. Is there an easy way for him to verify whether it's the ribbon cable or the ram chips? Doesn't seem like it would be the Color DMD.

Or maybe one of you already knows what the problem is?

Thanks! IMG_2598 (resized).jpgIMG_2598 (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

Yeah, that's more than likely a ColorDMD issue; ribbon cable would give more noise, and bad ROM would be reported on startup.

#3 2 years ago

A ribbon cable connected the wrong way can create a garbled screen.

#4 2 years ago

You could try turning the game off. Reseat ribbon cables from CPU to DMD driver board to DMD.

Though I think you have a road trip in your future.

LTG : )

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Shogun00:

A ribbon cable connected the wrong way can create a garbled screen.

It had been fine for a while. I'll have him try to reseat it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-help-wpc-display and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.